Anyone on Fascination in July - Please post Dominica info

jabcruiser

I understand Fascination went to Dominica on July 10 cruise. Did this actually happen? If so would love it if someone on that cruise would post info on island recovery and any excursions they might have done. We are scheduled to go in December and just trying get some up to date info. Most info in Ports of Call and Caribbean boards pre hurricane. Thanks to anyone who has recently been there.

Jane

we were on that cruise and Dominica was hit very hard, lots of damage to structures and boarded up buildings, 2 of the large churches had no roofs. Basically most people stayed in port area and went thru the straw markets. Donated money to some ladies selling craft flowers they said to feed families, told them to keep the flowers. Heard that carnival was going to skip this island on later cruises

If you can, book a snorkel or dolphin/whale excursion, since these activities wouldn't be that affected post hurricane. Dominica has been hit hard twice recently, and being so mountainous, the landscape/infrastructure has taken quite a beating. Not so much the sea.

Another possible option might be river rafting???

There are a few excursion boats that leave from a pier just beyond the tent market, easy to walk there.

I hope the OP's cruise ports there.

Edited by evandbob

Our cruise is Aug 19th. I booked a river tubing tour with Antours Dominica. They say they are open for business but I was hoping for some feedback from people who might have booked post hurricane.