Port fees and taxes from Allure shortened cruise 9/13/2017

Has anyone received the port fees and taxes back on their credit card yet from the shortened 9/13/2017 cruise on the Allure of the Seas

We had a refund coming on taxes and port charges because we missed the Sept. 23 Allure sailing. They posted back to the credit card Oct. 10. Seems like yours should already be there.

Been a while but last time I missed port that small portion was refunded to on board account. Was a cheap port last was only $12. then other was port that had no tax so no refund there. Can't remember how works if they change ports, it balances out as know they don't charge you more if you went to higher cost port.

We had a refund coming on taxes and port charges because we missed the Sept. 23 Allure sailing. They posted back to the credit card Oct. 10. Seems like yours should already be there.

If you miss the entire cruise, that's a different story. You don't have a S&S card to have the charges refunded to. If a port is cancelled, while onboard, the amount gets refunded to your account onboard. The amounts are not high and many don't even notice that they were refunded.

The entire amount of taxes and fees is not refunded unless the whole cruise is cancelled. Years ago, there was a good amount of credit issued to the S&S card when ports were missed, and that changed to only refunding the small amount the line pays for each passenger to the port itself.

If anyone has a copy of their onboard statement, you should see a credit for a missed port or even two. If that isn't shown and no other ports were substituted, then I could see where there might be a problem, but I doubt that is the case.

Thank you so much for responding to my message. I just wanted to know if we were to receive any of the taxes back.

But since we did get back to South Florida after evacuating to go on the 4 night cruise, I see now that we would not get the taxes back---makes sense to me now. We did get back the $2.02 or so per person---didn't realize port charges were so cheap per person. We have already booked another cruise while aboard the 9/13/2017 cruise for 4/22/2018 and have already assigned the cruise to another agency to get extra perks and have had the future cruise credit applied--hopefully no chance of hurricane :D:D:D