Liberty Question

Hello! We have done 4 cruises before and all of them have had ~2,000 people on them. We are thinking of going on the Liberty out of Galveston next summer and I'm wondering what it is like to be on a ship with ~3,500 people? Are there lots of lines to everything or are people spaced out okay? Thanks so much for your help!

We've sailed her 5 times and have only felt cramped on departure from the ship. I think you'll be surprised at the lack of crowding. Of course, there are certain times where one expects that, such as exiting the theater after a performance which can be daunting, trying to catch an elevator...but if you wait a few minutes before leaving the theater, you should be able to do it.

Even the larger ships such as Allure never felt crowded to us.

We sailed her last tear and year before , deck 5 can get crowded . But in general she handles crowds well, great ice show and play Saturday night fever is good, ice show first couple of shows fill up quickly but show is normally repeated 4 times

If you go at the peak dining times, there will be crowds in WJ and even dining room. But not unmanageable, just prepare to allow a little extra time to find a table and get your food. Of course water slides will be busier on the sea days, but just know it going in and it will all be fine. Liberty is a great ship!

When we sailed in July 2016, there were lines for the Flowrider and occasionally for the water slides and the rock climbing wall. The wait was never very long (except for Flowrider).

I never really felt crowded. We were always able to find a seat near where we wanted to be.

The only time there is a problem is when passengers are clearly told to NOT block the stairways when arriving in a port and they al ignore the request (because each and every one of them are "special").

Hello! We have done 4 cruises before and all of them have had ~2,000 people on them. We are thinking of going on the Liberty out of Galveston next summer and I'm wondering what it is like to be on a ship with ~3,500 people? Are there lots of lines to everything or are people spaced out okay? Thanks so much for your help!

We sailed on the Liberty last year out of Galveston, and on the Navigator a couple of years before that. On my personal travel blog, I posted a review of the ship. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can see specific things on the ship. I have also written some about Galveston as an embarkation port. On balance, however, I didn't have a huge problem with lines or feeling crowded. The only real exception was on the Royal Promenade during t-shirt sales. These were apparently going to be the last t-shirts available to Western civilization, and they had to be purchased NOW! Now! Now! The ship is particularly well laid out, though, and it did not feel crowded to me.

Sailed her last April had no issues

Except the elevators got crowded

Rebooked for next April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums