When and how do I pay for my cruise?

geovet

This is my first NCL cruise. I will be coming up on final payment time soon. I did book on NCL web site. Will they automatically charge my card or contact me for payment?

Thanks

You will get a reminder. But if you don't contact them and be sure you make your final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We heard a story where some glitch in the system caused the card not to be charged on time, and the reservation was lost. The people reporting it got their deposit back, but couldn't re-book at the same price as the cruise was popular. Since we heard that we usually go in a few days early and manually apply the payment.

Prior to that story we used to wait for an email that they were going to charge our card, and then confirmation that they charged it. But I prefer to be pro-active now that you hear more and more of companies not having reliable systems in place (not NCL specifically, but all companies in general).

This is my first NCL cruise. I will be coming up on final payment time soon. I did book on NCL web site. Will they automatically charge my card or contact me for payment?

Thanks

It's pretty simple...call them a week before final payment and pay it! You don't want to wait because if you go past the final payment date they will cancel your room and release it for someone else to get. I think you can also pay it via your account on NCL...just sign in and take a look around. I booked mine via a TA so that is how we are paying for ours.

Thanks

Have you been to the NCL website and logged in to see your status and the requirements ?

If not you should go to the site and Register and fill in all the blanks that you can i.e. Passport info etc.

Browse around the site click on Vacation Summary see what is going on.

Did you book or want to do any Shore Excursions take part in a dining package - did your cruise offer

you any Perks Promos OBC - check on that.

Finally call NCL and find out about that final payment how it is handled *

*also be alert of the penalties starting at day 90 of changes cancellation !