B2B and bringing on more wine question.

cloudninecat

We're doing a b2b here in a bit over a week and we're also first time cruisers. We plan on bringing on 2 12 packs of Soda and 2 bottles of wine for our first leg, in our carry on. My question is, if we buy 2 more bottles of wine and leave it in the car, can we then go back to the car and carry it back on during the 2nd leg? I don't want to miss having the ship to ourselves for awhile. Will we have to go back through the line if we do this? TIA.

Edited by cloudninecat

As far as CCL is concerned, you are booked on 2 separate cruises with different S&S card as well. My favorite B2B story is in Puerto Rico, we go across the street to CVS to get wine for the second leg. A couple wearing a CCL Lanyard asked us if we were bringing the wine on board. we said yes and they said they don't drink, but would bring an additional 2 bottles on board for us. about 2 hours later we went back to CVS and bought 2 more bottles, no one said a word. a few hours later we did it again. yes, we had 8 bottles in our stateroom.

As far as CCL is concerned, you are booked on 2 separate cruises with different S&S card as well. My favorite B2B story is in Puerto Rico, we go across the street to CVS to get wine for the second leg. A couple wearing a CCL Lanyard asked us if we were bringing the wine on board. we said yes and they said they don't drink, but would bring an additional 2 bottles on board for us. about 2 hours later we went back to CVS and bought 2 more bottles, no one said a word. a few hours later we did it again. yes, we had 8 bottles in our stateroom.

Do you have to go through the line each time you come back on or is there a special line just for those that already have their cards?

Do you have to go through the line each time you come back on or is there a special line just for those that already have their cards?

Not sure how it works since we brought four bottles of wine on our B2B with only a question as to how many in our party. I said we were doing a B2B and the guy running the x-ray said, so there's four of you? Well, technically, yes. He was just joking because we had shown our boarding passes for both cruises.

At any rate, you will receive an envelope with instructions that includes a special "transit" card and you show that to return to the ship.

We loved our B2B and have booked another one for next year.

Not sure how it works since we brought four bottles of wine on our B2B with only a question as to how many in our party. I said we were doing a B2B and the guy running the x-ray said, so there's four of you? Well, technically, yes. He was just joking because we had shown our boarding passes for both cruises.

At any rate, you will receive an envelope with instructions that includes a special "transit" card and you show that to return to the ship.

We loved our B2B and have booked another one for next year.

I don't think we could fit it ALL in our carry on. Worst case scenario we have some post cruise wine.

So you can get off anytime and get right back on without waiting in the long lines? Sorry for all the questions. This will be our first cruise so I'm a complete NOOB at this whole thing. It might make more sense if I had actually done a cruise before and knew some of the process. We purchased FTTF for the first leg but didn't see the need for the 2nd.

guests already aboard do not go through the same area new guests board. There is a liquor store right in the terminal, but CVS was a lot cheaper. The only thing they said to us was back again? They never put together we were bringing wine aboard each trip.

We've done several B2Bs and have always brought 2 bottles each and declared them and told them we were doing a B2B and showed our boarding passes.

If Security hesitates, we ask them to get a Carnival Supervisor. Only one time did they ask us to stand by and sent for a supervisor. When she arrived, she did an eye roll at Security and said "Of course it's allowed. They are on 2 separate cruise." :)

We've done several B2Bs and have always brought 2 bottles each and declared them and told them we were doing a B2B and showed our boarding passes.

If Security hesitates, we ask them to get a Carnival Supervisor. Only one time did they ask us to stand by and sent for a supervisor. When she arrived, she did an eye roll at Security and said "Of course it's allowed. They are on 2 separate cruise." :)

I'm half afraid that it would be a fiasco and we'd lose out on any benefit we got from purchasing FTTF by having to stand and wait for a supervisor. I guess we'll see what will fit in our carry on and decide how we're going to do it from there. Thanks for the info everyone.