veranda cabin doors

judy1960

Thanks for the quick answer Louis. So when you walk out on deck you can lock the door and re-enter from the veranda?

No, not that kind of lock. Lock is not like the one to your cabin door. Your verandah door cannot be locked from the outside. You can only lock it when you are in your cabin. You don't use your room key to lock it. It is a mechanical lock your twist like you would on a patio door at home. In other words, you cannot lock yourself out on the verandah.

No, not that kind of lock. Lock is not like the one to your cabin door. Your verandah door cannot be locked from the outside. You can only lock it when you are in your cabin. You don't use your room key to lock it. It is a mechanical lock your twist like you would on a patio door at home. In other words, you cannot lock yourself out on the verandah.

Right: for a balcony cabin, not for a Lanai (CA) cabin which may be what the OP is talking about.

Mtn2Sea reported in his recent blog that the passengers on the deck below him had locked themselves out on the balcony. I thought you could only lock the door from the inside so I'm puzzling a bit about that one. (He was able to get help to them.:))

Edited by Lizzie68

Mtn2Sea reported in his recent blog that the passengers on the deck below him had locked themselves out on the balcony. I thought you could only lock the door from the inside so I'm puzzling a bit about that one. (He was able to get to them.:))

I can only imagine it happening by someone going out on the balcony and someone else in the cabin locking the balcony door and then leaving the cabin Or a failure of the lock.

Thanks Gail. That is what I was wondering. Now I know that I can't leave by the veranda door and stroll around outside. I would never leave my room unlocked, so it would be best to have a cabin near an outside entrance.

Thanks for asking the question as I assumed you could lock and leave from the Lanai cabin "veranda" door. It wouldn't work for me either.

Sorry if there is a little confusion. I was inquiring about the rooms with doors that open out onto the public deck area. I normally sail on Princess or Royal Caribbean, which don't have that type of cabin.

I've seen in the past pax walk out of their Lanai cabins (this is what it is called on HAL), go for a walk and then come back and use a card/fob to get back into the cabin.

Does anyone know if this is still how it works?

I wedge the door open when I go out on the balcony for this reason, especially if I am alone in the room.

igraf

The latch or the handle can fail and the net result is being "locked" on the balcony. Trust me on this :eek:

Edited by igraf