If i booked thru big boxTA, can I use my credit card reward points

I booked for the first time EVER thru a TA the big box one. I also got one of those RC credit cards a couple years ago and now have enough points to get a really nice OBC. My question is ... Will I be able to just redeem my points thru the credit card by Knowing my reservation # OR will it be much more complicated and involve the TA.

Secondly will this OBC show up in the planner? i would hate to worry, till Nov, about this $500 showing up once On board. (Like all of the TA's extra gifts)

I booked for the first time EVER thru a TA the big box one. I also got one of those RC credit cards a couple years ago and now have enough points to get a really nice OBC. My question is ... Will I be able to just redeem my points thru the credit card by Knowing my reservation # OR will it be much more complicated and involve the TA.

Secondly will this OBC show up in the planner? i would hate to worry, till Nov, about this $500 showing up once On board. (Like all of the TA's extra gifts)

If you have the appropriate number of points on your CC account, either go online or call The BOA site and redeem the points using the reservation #. There is no need to call the TA. The OBC does no show up on the planner [or never has for me]. I take a copy of the email confirmation with me. However, it has always shown up on my account within a couple of days of the beginning of the cruise.

Also, I would not redeem for OBC yet. Once you redeem the points there is no going back. I would wait until October. [but, that is just me] Have a great cruise. :D

If you have the appropriate number of points on your CC account, either go online or call The BOA site and redeem the points using the reservation #. There is no need to call the TA. The OBC does no show up on the planner [or never has for me]. I take a copy of the email confirmation with me. However, it has always shown up on my account within a couple of days of the beginning of the cruise.

Also, I would not redeem for OBC yet. Once you redeem the points there is no going back. I would wait until October. [but, that is just me] Have a great cruise. :D

Excellent info TY ur right I will wait till Oct ....life can throw you many curve balls 😁

Just make sure your points aren't expiring soon. I had to cash ours in 6 months before our cruise or I would have lost 600 points! I was unaware that they expire and just happened to read something on these boards about it.