Outdoor promenade: Navigator vs. Serenade

DW and I are big fans of wraparound promenades. We have cruised once on RCCL, the Brilliance of the Seas. We like to walk a mile or two at least once a day, maybe twice on sea days. And we like to relax on the promenade deck, gazing at the sea or taking a wee nap. On BOS, it was ok that our walks included stairs at the bow, and it was ok that to really "lounge" we needed to find a couple of footrests to put in front of the chairs (these two aspects are not ideal but are acceptable).

Now we are trying to decide between Caribbean cruises on Navigator or Serenade. What, if anything, distinguishes the outdoor promenades on these ships? My research on CC tells me that both do have outdoor promenades on which you can walk the perimeter of the ship. Is the walking experience about the same, in terms of good view of the sea and width of the walkable area? Are the chairs or loungers comparable? Is this area relatively peaceful on both ships (preferably without music)?

Please note, I am not asking about the indoor Promenade (on Navigator), and I am not asking about jogging tracks that some ships have in addition to the promenade (usually on higher decks).

Thank you...

I'm with Bob. Both are great. But I'd give the edge to Navigator because it cantilevers at the dining room windows. It makes for great views down the side of the ship.

Good memory, forget about that.:)

Thank you both. Can I assume that both have chairs and footrests (if not full loungers), and that both do not have music playing from their outdoor promenade speakers on a regular basis?

And (excuse me for expanding the question), for future reference, would you say the outdoor promenades of Majesty and Freedom also have no significant difference from Serenade and Navigator?

Thank you both. Can I assume that both have chairs and footrests (if not full loungers), and that both do not have music playing from their outdoor promenade speakers on a regular basis?

And (excuse me for expanding the question), for future reference, would you say the outdoor promenades of Majesty and Freedom also have no significant difference from Serenade and Navigator?

There are more chairs than footrests, no difference in the ships from that point of view. No music playing either. Freedom is identical to Navigator, just 90 feet longer. Majesty's outdoor promenade is similar to the others.

What do you consider the outside promenade. Are you guys talking about deck 5 for example on the Radiance class.

Yes, deck 5 on Radiance/Vision, deck 4 on Voyager/Freedom, and deck 7 on Majesty.

Never heard music playing on any RCI outdoor promenade. At least, not that I can remember.

The most significant difference on Majesty is that it doesn't go all the way out to the bow. It is open though, so you still have a nice view forward when going around the front.

Deck 4 on Navigator of the Seas was my favorite deck on our cruise in September.

Not many people are it.

The port side is a designated spot for smokers. Most come from the dining room to catch a smoke.

At front bow, you need to go up steps to helipad area on deck 5 and then continue around and down steps.

Saw many beautiful sunsets and rainbows too.

No music playing.

Area around dining room on deck 4 gets narrower. Reminds me of a boardwalk in that area.

Beautiful stars at night if you climb up to helipad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Meant to say, not many people on it.

I talked to a couple that have sailed Navigator a few times.

The actually like to sit in chairs on Starboard side on deck 4 near the dining room and relax and read.

Rest of ship always seemed crowded, except around this area.

Never heard music playing on any RCI outdoor promenade. At least, not that I can remember.

The most significant difference on Majesty is that it doesn't go all the way out to the bow. It is open though, so you still have a nice view forward when going around the front.

That's what I was going to say. No helipad on the Empress, Sovereign, or Vision classes (and no regularly accessible one on the Oasis or Quantum classes) so you're not going to be able to go all the way forward, but the promenades still wrap all the way around.

Saw a lot of full lounge chairs.

A few with chairs and foot stools.

I am sure if you ask, they will get the chairs you prefer in the area you would like to sit.

Occasionally saw people playing shuffleboard, but not too often.

Liked it quietness and lack of too much sun too!

Reminded me of old movies with people sailing to and from Europe.

Saw a lot of full lounge chairs.

A few with chairs and foot stools.

I am sure if you ask, they will get the chairs you prefer in the area you would like to sit.

Occasionally saw people playing shuffleboard, but not too often.

Liked it quietness and lack of too much sun too!

Reminded me of old movies with people sailing to and from Europe.

Thank you.

Thanks to all who replied.

Very informative, more than I even hoped for when I started the thread.

🎯