Anybody been on Jewel lately (out of Rome)?

I'm wondering what is the earliest time I can be off the boat and how long does it take to get to Termini (rome central station)? I want to book a Colosseum/Form VIP tour but the latest I can get on sunday is 12:45pm. I'd need to get off the boat, train to Termini, walk to hotel to drop off bags, then get to Colosseum by 12:30 or so. Fine print says tour is non-refundable if we don't make our reservation.

Can we make it time wise? I've been to Rome before but never Civitavecchia. Thanks!

I'm wondering what is the earliest time I can be off the boat and how long does it take to get to Termini (rome central station)? I want to book a Colosseum/Form VIP tour but the latest I can get on sunday is 12:45pm. I'd need to get off the boat, train to Termini, walk to hotel to drop off bags, then get to Colosseum by 12:30 or so. Fine print says tour is non-refundable if we don't make our reservation.

Can we make it time wise? I've been to Rome before but never Civitavecchia. Thanks!

You can easily be in Rome by 9am with a private transfer (off ship at 8am, 45min-1hr drive... Sunday morning little traffic)...

you can be in Rome by 10-10:30am by train.

Considering you'll want to check in to hotel, drop off luggage etc, and then get to the Colosseum (about 5 min metro ride) I would book a private transfer.

And yes, don't miss that VIP tour.... it's awesome! :D

What's the earliest I can walk the bags off the ship? I got off Oasis at 6:30 a few weeks ago, I expect it's not that finely tuned.

How much would a private transfer be for 4 people and bags? I hate to sound cheap, but the VIP tour will be about $500 for us.

What's the earliest I can walk the bags off the ship? I got off Oasis at 6:30 a few weeks ago, I expect it's not that finely tuned.

How much would a private transfer be for 4 people and bags? I hate to sound cheap, but the VIP tour will be about $500 for us.

With regard to the transfer, you can get more info on the port of call forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

We got off ship 6:30 - 7:00, with no problem. We had arrange for a private transfer about 100 E with Antonio Cagnoli & Sons Limo. We went to airport but there was no traffic at that time on a Sunday. http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.comwww.tripadvisor.it/attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio-Cagnoli_andSon_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html this is the site I used to book transfer. I hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sample train schedules and fares to Termini:

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search/results/562060824/train?locale=en

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two weeks ago, I paid 70 Euros (total) for two of us with 3 cases.. picked up at Civitavecchia when we got off Jewel and driven to our hotel which was a two minute walk from Termini in Central Rome. This was a shared shuttle and we dropped another couple off at the airport before continuing to our hotel in Rome. We arrived in Rome just after 10:00 a.m. We could have been there sooner but we were in no rush so I didn't book the pickup too early.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, For those who were on the Jewel recently out of Rome (Med cruise Rome to Rome), can you please advise how many formal nights there are during the week? We are on the 7.23 Med cruise. Thanks.

On our 9 day Jewel Greek Isle/Italy cruise from Rome last month, there were two formal nights and normally 7 day cruises have two formal nights too.

We got off ship 6:30 - 7:00, with no problem. We had arrange for a private transfer about 100 E with Antonio Cagnoli & Sons Limo. We went to airport but there was no traffic at that time on a Sunday. http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.comwww.tripadvisor.it/attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio-Cagnoli_andSon_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html this is the site I used to book transfer. I hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Amtrac,

I am taken advantage of your answer as well. We will be on the Jewel in about 3 weeks. We also have a booking with Antonio and are hoping that we made the right choice. I asked about that particular company on another section of this board ( Italy) but never got any answers. So I am glad that others are using this company and hopefully are happy with the service received. I have seen many excellent comments about them on Trip Advisor but not on CC.

• 2 months later...
Two weeks ago, I paid 70 Euros (total) for two of us with 3 cases.. picked up at Civitavecchia when we got off Jewel and driven to our hotel which was a two minute walk from Termini in Central Rome. This was a shared shuttle and we dropped another couple off at the airport before continuing to our hotel in Rome. We arrived in Rome just after 10:00 a.m. We could have been there sooner but we were in no rush so I didn't book the pickup too early.

Who did you book thru? I assume you pre booked transportation