Pre-Cruise Documentation

Bruther

I know this topic has been discussed before but I was wondering how long before the cruise will we be receiving the pre-cruise documentation. We will be leaving for Singapore on Dec 4/04 for our Xmas Grand Voyage which is only 60 days away. Also, I can't remember but I think that it comes direct from Seabourn, then goes back to the TA once all the info is complete. Am I correct? Thanks all you Seabournites. Bob

Bob~~~I always receive my Pre-cruise doc.'s from my Travel Agent. I then fill it in and either mail it or fax it back to Seabourn. Faxing it is so quick and easy.

I always remind them that I also enjoy having a "spa robe" in my bath along with the big "quilt" terry robe. And of course, I select my 2 bottles of liquor for the suite bar.

You should be receiving your doc.'s for your Dec. 4th voyage any day now......you might call your T.A. and ask them as to when you can expect it.

Happy Trails and Sails!

Martita B.

Bob~~~~thank you for your kind post.......it's actually good to be back home in West Texas!

We ALL have been brand new to Seabourn at one time or another........soooo please always feel free to ask questions! I didn't know about the "secret jacuzzi" until maybe last year.......And I have never even been in the laundry room! In the galley dancin' with the dishwashers and the "food preparers", just never have been in the "laundry-mat" OR the engine room! As you know, I always just rinse out my "unmentionables" and drape them on colorful balloons to quickly dry!

OH, a tip: pick up a Walmart set (2 to a pkg.) of rubber doorstops and take them with you! Some of the closet doors will slam on you and you will feel like you're in Carlsbad Caverns! Very scarey! I always take my two.......they are also very handy to "stop your front door ajar" when waiting on room service or a friend to drop by.......and you can always give one to your neighbor and make a NEW friend.....for life, especially if the friend's closet door is a bad slammer! I pack my Passport AND my Walmart rubber doorstops!

Sail on and have a grrrreat time on the beautiful M/V Pride ship!

Miss Martita B.

After the first cruise, my TA just fills the form in and faxes it back to Seabourn. He just checks with me in case something has changed. Then he mails me the brochure with the other stuff in it.

Thanks for the great idea about the door stoppers! I usually wedge a towel, and that's most inefficient, really. Now please do tell about the secret jaccuzzi and the spa robes.

Jane in PHL

Jane~~~the "secret jacuzzi" is on Deck 5, Fore.....go to Suite 01 and 02 (owners suites) Go through the door and voila a big jacuzzi! SSShhh, but don't anyone...it's a big secret! hahaha Take a flute of champagne and go out and enjoy!

I always ask for a "white pique spa robe" as I am very small and the HUGE white terry robe is very tiring for me to walk around in that quilt! I like both though, because when we need to go to the Magellan Lounge for Customs or for picking up our Passports at 8 A.M. in the morning, I just don the "quilt" and my houseslippers and away I go! Alot of folks wear them! I'll never forget a nice fellow from Houston......one cruise I declare, he wore his terry robe the entire cruise! Then in the evenings he would stroll to dinner looking like a Renaissance man........very draper and snappy!

Have fun!

Miss Martita B.

Jane~~~I'm not sure of the Dec. 12th......I did book, but may decide on a different voyage........I was invited to join a few good friends on another Seabourn cruise.

Soooo~~~

I DO know that you will indeed enjoy every minute! I love the Pride, it's "home away from home" for me........all the Officer's, staff and crew are absolutely the finest on the Seven Seas.......and my "extended family!" I love everyone of them! OH and they loved my Mother! I do miss her terribly!

I actually enjoy St. Bart's......You may want to shop at Goldfinger's. Great French perfume and wonderful jewelry. When I visit I buy the Jadot, it's very reasonable.

I enjoy the picnic on Prickly Pear Island......it's next to Richard Branson's private Island. He rents it for $$$$$$$'s a day! It's sumptin'!

I usually ferry over to St. John's......I like to mosey around downtown and "play with" the hens and 'lit chicks! They are all over the area. We've lunched at Caneel Bay, a beautiful resort.

You will have such a grand time!

And try the "secret jacuzzi" on Deck 5! AND of course, the Molton bathes!

Martita B.

Martha,

The elusive laundry room is one deck down from the not so secret jacuzzi.

As far as the gentleman that lived in his robe that was on the sailing that we were on together November 2001. All hours of the day especially at the skybar he was in his robe and a happy camper to boot. Did he dress for Prickley Pear I don't remember?

mcboo

Mcboo~~~~I swear, are you a "rocket scientist" with a brain that remembers ALL the facts? YES, you are absolutely correct! He came up to the Sky Bar everyday......and STAYED in his big white terry robe! I can picture him right now! BUT, at dinner he dressed very chic and smartly! I can not remember what he wore to the picnic.......I was "tending" to Mother in the open-air Club cabana. Did he even tender over?

He was a "tad" strange........but very nice!

(Lordy, what do you suppose "they" say about ME? Hahaha......wearing light-up tiara's, feathered angel wings and halo's, long-horns and a cap with a sheep head on it~~~~and waving the Irish flag on my French balcony?)

Let's enjoy......for some, later doesn't come!

Soooo happy we've renewed our Seabourn connection!

M.B.

Hi, Martita,

I'm new to Seabourn, too, and will be on the 12/12 Pride w/my DH. I really, truly hope you decide to take that cruise. I've been on this board since we booked the cruise (in Aug., I think), and I have so enjoyed all your posts!! Now I want to meet the real article in the flesh! Everyone seems to know you and you are obviously well-loved here and on Seabourn.

If you're going, I'll meet you at the infamous secret jacuzzi on the 1st sea day! Oh, the stories I want to hear!(LOL) When you write of your Mother, the warmth in your heart comes right through your post; it must have been such a joy cruising with her...you're a stand-out daughter.

By the way, bring an extra blinking tiara, please?

Barbara M. :)

Think about running by "The Party" store and purchasing your husband a Christmas "light-up" necktie! AND you might look for a Holiday TIARA for YOU!

We 'ole Seabournite's take great PRIDE in our Christmas wear! hahaha It's alot of fun, though, to look and act festive on board, during Dec. AND we haven't a clue as to how Eric DeGrey will "dress up!" His clothing is Broadway!!! I certainly hope he wears his white glitzy LONG, to the floor, TAILS! Perhaps he'll preform, "Puttin' On The Ritz" for us!

A tip: It's quite nice to remember to bring your sweet Housekeeper a pair of dangling Christmas earrings, or Christmas socks, or some small holiday/type wear! The Crew will have their Christmas party and it's a treat for them to have something new to wear! Sequinned bow ties are fun to take for the Guy's! These small items do not take up much space in your luggage! Also, International Phone Cards are nice to give......."they can call their Mother! Or girlfriend!" Walmart sells these cards. If you do take a small 'lit Christmas tree, place these gifts under YOUR tree and invite your Housekeeper, etc., etc. to come receive their Christmas present! Such a small offering for everything they do for us!

The White Christmas we are talking about are the beautiful, picture postcard beaches of the Caribbean! Yee-Haw!

Happy Trails and Sails to you!

Martita B.

The guest registration form that was mentioned is available at the link below. You can fill this out BEFORE you get your documents, etc. We did that first and faxed it in. Final docs for our Oct 17th trip came yesterday with no requirement to do anything further.

http://www.seabourn.com/images/Content/Guest_Registration_Form.pdf

Gary

Just want to say"BON VOYAGE" since your cruise is just around the corner.

I will be on the opposite side of the shore in N.J. as you pass by waving at you going into the port of Philadelphia.This is our first cruise on Seabourn and we are going down to the park to get a peak of the Pride.

emmylou

We have recently rec'd our cruise docs. Nice package, portfolio, etc.

BUT - there was zero mention of important information that apparently can only be found on the web site. No mention of how many formal nights on our trip (Oct 17th for 13 days). Zero mention of optional tours. Zero mention of Exclusively Seabourn tour. If you were to count the actual words, I think 98% are tied to various rules and regulations drafted by the legal wizards that I guess basically say Seaborne/Cunard can not be held responsible for anything. Did we miss something?

Okay - we are still are excited about our trip, just an observation.

GaryCarla,

Did you receive your pre-cruise booklet the one that contains the guest registration form? In that booklet it tells you what the optional tours offered and the prices for those tours. It also shows the "Exclusively Seabourn" excursion that is complimentary to all guest.

It also says under the Clothing on Board ship section that on a two week cruise you will have three or four formal nights depending on the itinerary.

A quick call to your travel agent or Seabourn can clarify that number.

Also on the bottom of page 3 it states "PLEASE NOTE: This booklet contains detailed information on shore excursions and life on board, which will not be repeated in the final documents. We suggest you bring this booklet with you to consult during your cruise."

Hope this helps.

mcboo

Thanks.... ring, ring, calling TA. But, in TA's defense, since we booked inside the 30 day window, maybe it got passed over. And we did the Guest Registration from the online form even before we had the final payment made.

Gary

They always have plenty of booklets about the excursions at the Cruise Director's window and the first Seabourn Herald has the dinner dress requirements for the whole cruise. It also has the Verandah dinner themes.

Jane in PHL

Archived