getting ready for explorer

leaving in 3 weeks, i believe i am all set - leaving out of cape liberty, i was told parking is $16.00/day -- do i need to add tax to that?

also....i heard ice tea is free, what about lemonade?

when in bermuda, does anyone know if we will have a problem hailing a taxi to the beach, i was told echobay was a nice beach and was wondering if there will be a problem in getting taxi?

first night i was told is casual night -- how casual is casual?

any more tidbits about explorer would be helpful - sailing on 8/9 and already got my documents

leaving in 3 weeks, i believe i am all set - leaving out of cape liberty, i was told parking is $16.00/day -- do i need to add tax to that?

when in bermuda, does anyone know if we will have a problem hailing a taxi to the beach, i was told echobay was a nice beach and was wondering if there will be a problem in getting taxi?

any more tidbits about explorer would be helpful - sailing on 8/9 and already got my documents

We just sailed on the Explorer a few weeks ago. You'll love it! :) The first night some people still didn't have luggage, so it was pretty casual. I'm sure a lot of people came to dinner with what they wore onto the ship. I made my husband change into pants and a polo shirt.

I don't think you need to add tax to the $16.00/day for parking.

We went to Canada/New England, so I can't help you out with your Bermuda question....

The $16 per day for parking includes tax. You pre-pay when you arrive at the parking gate. Parking is very convenient. Plan to arrive around 11:30 or so, and you will have no problem.

Taxis are readily available at the pier in Bermuda. You should have no problem there either. We were there in May and had a wonderful time on the Explorer. It is an awesome ship!

Enjoy your cruise!

Eric

You will need to dress respectable.

Go to the helipad on Deck 5 at least once to star gaze.

we cannot wait to hit the beach once docked in bermuda - the ship has an excursion to the beach but it says approximately 4 hours stay - has anyone used the beach excursion from the ship and if so, do u recommend or should be just go on our own

Arrive early so you have time to explore the Explorer. If you can manage your luggage, consider the express disembarkation at the end.

Try the dining room for breakfast and lunch - menus are posted daily outside the dining room. It is more leisurely than the Windjammer and the food seems fresher.

Check out the Spa - the hot tub is enormous. The locker rooms have a sauna, steam room, large showers, and plenty of towels.

As stated above, it's included in that $16 figure.

You'll see everything that first night, from nice dresses to "basketball" shorts.

Be up on the highest possible deck at sailaway from Bayonne.

Sailing under the Verrazano Bridge is an INCOMPARABLE experience. Trust me.

Lemonade is free - as well as milk and morning juices. Love the Explorer - she was my 1st cruise and the beginning of a wonderful addiction!!!

Ditto!!!!!

:)

Archived