Great information for French Polynesia

ROWSE

The 82 days in FP have come to an end. Now they are on the repositioning cruise from Tahiti to Los Angeles via Hawaii. Pescadoamarillo sounds like she is going stir crazy with too many sea days in a row. I've looked at repositioning cruise itineraries and their low prices and wondered how I would like them. My ideal cruise so far has been a Panama canal transit with essentially alternating sea and port days.

Now that their 82 days of back-to-back cruises are over, how many back-to-backs would you want to go on?

For me, I'd be ready to get off the ship after two 10-day cruises. After a while, the daily cruise routine becomes, well, routine.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would love to do 82 days on a cruise ship. I am dreaming of a world cruise--maybe when I retire.

Hello everyone! Rowse sent me a link to this thread a long time ago, but today in Hawaii is the first time I've had fast, unmetered Internet enough to read it. Thank you for following along on our adventures. If I haven't conveyed it well enough, we've had the time of our lives and are even considering returning next fall on the Pacific Princess. As for too many cruises in a row...well, that's just what we do. For us, it's an alternative to owning a second home or condo in Florida or Arizona, which we would find quite uninspiring. I am not a fan of sea days and we did not originally plan to take the Pacific Princess back to LA, but I am less a fan of Air Tahiti Nui, so it was the price to be paid to see beautiful French Polynesia.

I will not be home for good until sometime in March but, once I am, I'll continue to monitor this thread in case anyone has any questions. And, of course, you can always email through a link provided on the blog. Again, thank you for taking the time to cruise along with us!!

Hello everyone! Rowse sent me a link to this thread a long time ago, but today in Hawaii is the first time I've had fast, unmetered Internet enough to read it. Thank you for following along on our adventures. If I haven't conveyed it well enough, we've had the time of our lives and are even considering returning next fall on the Pacific Princess. As for too many cruises in a row...well, that's just what we do. For us, it's an alternative to owning a second home or condo in Florida or Arizona, which we would find quite uninspiring. I am not a fan of sea days and we did not originally plan to take the Pacific Princess back to LA, but I am less a fan of Air Tahiti Nui, so it was the price to be paid to see beautiful French Polynesia.

I will not be home for good until sometime in March but, once I am, I'll continue to monitor this thread in case anyone has any questions. And, of course, you can always email through a link provided on the blog. Again, thank you for taking the time to cruise along with us!!

Thank you! I have been reading your blog every day! It's part of my evening 'reading'. I do hope you and G will come back to Tahiti in the fall. I would love to meet you on my cruise!

Jill

• 4 weeks later...

We have returned and I finally have everything caught up.

We had an amazing time!!!! Only one day of downpour rain, and the rest was HOT. The kind of heat where you are drenched from sweat. We were so glad most of our excursions were in the water. Of course on the Ocean Princess inside we were cool and some venues you needed a sweater.

The beauty of the islands and water takes your breath away.

We only wore bug repellant a few times, there did not seems to be any mosquitos. We were never bitten if there was. We saw a lot of flies, but no Mosquitos. No one seems worried about it as they are out and about.

The two weeks we were there went so fast!

If you have any questions, ask away:)

We have returned and I finally have everything caught up.

We had an amazing time!!!! Only one day of downpour rain, and the rest was HOT. The kind of heat where you are drenched from sweat. We were so glad most of our excursions were in the water. Of course on the Ocean Princess inside we were cool and some venues you needed a sweater.

The beauty of the islands and water takes your breath away.

We only wore bug repellant a few times, there did not seems to be any mosquitos. We were never bitten if there was. We saw a lot of flies, but no Mosquitos. No one seems worried about it as they are out and about.

The two weeks we were there went so fast!

If you have any questions, ask away:)

Glad to hear you had a great vacation!! Are you going to post a trip report?

Jill

Edited by jilly08