Seamiles booking question

vball09

My DH, DD, & I are going to book a cruise & get $ off using points from Seamiles. My parents are also going on the cruise, but aren't using Seamiles. Here is my question...what is the best way to book so that we get rooms next to each other & our reservations linked. Should I book both through Seamiles TA or can I book ours through Seamiles & then book my parents through Carnival? I know I have heard that if you book through Seamiles Carnival will not discuss the reservation.

Not really interested in all the negative comments about Seamiles...I've read some of the other posts. Just trying to use the miles. :)

Thanks!

Whoever you book with, you will each get a booking/confirmation number. Ask their travel agent to 'link' the two booking numbers. Just made a reservation Sunday using Seamiles, first time. It was actually a very positive experience. I had heard that they used higher fares, and would not honor discounts, like past guest, senior, military...But my 'agent' seemed to be looking at everything, and said he was getting his rates from the same site as a Carnival PVP. Also, on the Seamiles site it lists several levels of mile usage, such as 10,000, 25,000, 50,000...But you can use all amounts,..I used all of mine. EM

Essiesmom,

I'm planning on redeeming all of what we have too. Did you use the early saver rate? If so, did your TA tell you the price of your trip? Someone on another post said the TA they used would not tell them the price, so they didn't know how to watch for price drops.

Essiesmom,

I'm planning on redeeming all of what we have too. Did you use the early saver rate? If so, did your TA tell you the price of your trip? Someone on another post said the TA they used would not tell them the price, so they didn't know how to watch for price drops.

You can only use the SeaMiles TA to use your points. Go through the booking process with Carnival directly, book your cruise and then transfer it over to the SeaMiles people so you can use your points.

You can only use the SeaMiles TA to use your points. Go through the booking process with Carnival directly, book your cruise and then transfer it over to the SeaMiles people so you can use your points.

We booked our cruise directly through Carnival before I realized we had enough points through Seamiles to get a good discount. How do we go about switching it over to Seamiles to get the discount?

No Early Saver, as I booked Sunday for a cruise leaving Thursday. To find out what your cruise actually cost, in Carnival.com go into your booking, open your cruise documents and go to page 4, far right colums is Guest Cruise Ticket Contract Acknowledgment. There you will see a breakdown of the price. EM

Archived