Tux or suit rental aboard Miracle?

We're on Carnival Miracle in 6 days, and wondering about tuxedo rental... how much is it? Per night or for the entire cruise? Do they offer suit rentals as well? My 16 year old son has a hard time finding formal wear for his 115 lb frame, and my husband is interested, too.

Thanks for any info about sizing and/or pricing!

We're on Carnival Miracle in 6 days, and wondering about tuxedo rental... how much is it? Per night or for the entire cruise? Do they offer suit rentals as well? My 16 year old son has a hard time finding formal wear for his 115 lb frame, and my husband is interested, too.

Not sure if they have that anymore as not many get dressed up for elegant nights anymore.

Carnival is very laid back and and pair of pants and a collared sshirt are more the norm, unless you want to get decked out for pics.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

Yeah, pants and a polo is what i wear. And before people get upset, it is my vacation and i wear a suit and tie the rest of the year for work. I'll be dammed if i am going to do it on vacation!

Edited by goduckies05

I'm fairly certain you have to set it up prior to sailing, but honestly, unless you're doing a wedding or really want to rock those photos, a nice shirt and pants will be fine. A tie if you're feeling fancy. ;) my husband likes the slacks/shirt/suspenders/ bow tie look, and he's pretty well dressed in the MDR.

Cruiselineformal.com is where you can rent both a tuxedo and/or a suit for your cruise.

The number of tuxedos is far less than it once was and a tuxedo or a suit is no longer required for any night on the cruise.

If you want to dress up than go for it but just know a dress shirt and slacks will be perfectly acceptable in all dining room and on all nights.

FYI: A suit rental will be about $95 for the week and tuxedo will run about $130.

Take care,

Mike

Yeah, pants and a polo is what i wear. And before people get upset, it is my vacation and i wear a suit and tie the rest of the year for work. I'll be dammed if i am going to do it on vacation!

Gosh, I hope you won't have to be a pall bearer or father of the bride and it falls during a vacation week:D

Agree with other posters about the "laid back" atmosphere. Unless you really want to dress up it isn't necessary. I stopped wearing my tux several years ago and now wear a dress shirt and tie and am still better dressed than half the men. I like the extra suitcase room.

Agree with other posters about the "laid back" atmosphere. Unless you really want to dress up it isn't necessary. I stopped wearing my tux several years ago and now wear a dress shirt and tie and am still better dressed than half the men. I like the extra suitcase room.

Hubby lost the jacket a few years ago and now about half the time the tie goes as well.