Beach within walking distance

diverdon48371

We are cruising on the Carnival Dream March of this year. We are looking for a beach with in walking distance. Does not need to be much of a beach, just looking for a place to take the grand kids(3 & 2) to play in the sand. They would be happy with a big sand box. Did several searches and did not see an answer. Needs to be close to the pier where we can go for a short time(30 min). I checked on google earth and there is something that looks like a little beach to the right of where I think the tenders drop you off(before you would get to Eden rock). I will try to attach a picture. Anybody know anything about this spot?

Thank you

Don

Capture.JPG.b240c38f77cbefc2a284d087895f09a2.JPG

The small spot of beach in the OP's attached image is used on occasion, with permission of the port, for pickup of passengers for some ship sponsored scuba diving activities. It is not open to the public.

For a proper stretch of sand beach catch a ride down to Seven Mile Beach.

Just hop on the bus and get off anywhere along 7-mile beach.....the bus is $2.50 pp, so not a wallet breaker...and when you're done, walk the few steps back to the road, and the next bus will stop for you.

So agree with the above! No way the little ones would be able to walk there. ;)

I would consider catching a cab over to Smith Cove/Embarcadero. It is a great place for families. There is some shade, bathrooms and an outdoor shower. We have gone there on every trip we have taken to Cayman. My son was 5 the first time and is now almost 16. We always see other families there too.

I did also check for you and the Cayman bus #6 or #7 (dark green line) goes from downtown to Smith Cove and it runs every 15 minutes (or so if you account for island time). I believe it is no more than $2-2.50 each way. If you google Grand Cayman bus schedule, you can look at the route.