Platinum during cruise

LTS1960

I know this has been discussed before but I got a call from Carnival today asking if we wanted to book a cruise. As we will become platinum on our next cruise, day 4 if we do a 7 day, I asked if we would get the perks and priority check in for the cruise.

She said no we don't. She said we will get the platinum card and perks but will not get priority checkin. I asked her if she was sure as I had heard differently, she said she was positive.

Anyone know what really happens? Lol

Sounds like a sales rep that doesn't know her sh**. You should get Platinum checkn-in (Priority) at the Platinum level. Her comment doesn't even make sense. "You will be Platinum but not Priority check-in?" No way.

Call another sales rep.

Edited by HawkIVette

When you make your final payment and print the cruise documents you will see your new status. Then call the person back at Carnival and share the good news...

Edited by BallFour4

I know this has been discussed before but I got a call from Carnival today asking if we wanted to book a cruise. As we will become platinum on our next cruise, day 4 if we do a 7 day, I asked if we would get the perks and priority check in for the cruise.

She said no we don't. She said we will get the platinum card and perks but will not get priority checkin. I asked her if she was sure as I had heard differently, she said she was positive.

Anyone know what really happens? Lol

Congratulations on becoming platinum! Carnival considers that a "crossover" cruise, and yes, if you are due to cross over into the next level partway through the cruise, you will enjoy the benefits of the new level for the entire cruise.

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx

Enjoy!

We turned Platinum on our Liberty cruise this past March. I can tell you that we were given the special orange tags for our luggage (for early delivery), we were shown to the line for priority, and we checked in at the room for priority. We boarded the ship after wedding party and diamonds, and went right to our cabin to drop off our carry-on bags.

We had free laundry during the entire cruise and had a platinum card, receiving all the platinum benefits.

Enjoy your cruise!

When you make your final payment and print the cruise documents you will see your new status. Then call the person back at Carnival and share the good news...

You actually don't have to wait until final payment to check. You can pull up your luggage tags by just making the initial deposit. It will show your status.

I should be turning platinum on a future cruise that I only have a deposit on and I don't see any thing about platinum. should I be concerned or perhaps not looking at the correct thing? thanks in advance for any and all help.

I should be turning platinum on a future cruise that I only have a deposit on and I don't see any thing about platinum. should I be concerned or perhaps not looking at the correct thing? thanks in advance for any and all help.

Have you tried to print your luggage tags, that's where you should see "priority"

You actually don't have to wait until final payment to check. You can pull up your luggage tags by just making the initial deposit. It will show your status.

Didn't know that. You runners know everything...

*side note* my wife and daughter just ran the half in China on the wall, San Francisco Nike Womens is next. I run to the buffet.

Edited by BallFour4

We will turn platinum on our next cruise but our status still states Gold. Of course we have not paid off the cruise yet.

We turn Platinum on the last day of our next 7-day cruise. I called Carnival and they told me, we wouldn't turn Platinum on this cruise. Bummer! I just checked our luggage tags and they say Priority. Thanks for the info everyone.

We have a 5 day cruise on the Victory and then 14 day Glory cruise side by side out of Miami in October...no break in between. Get off the Victory to get on the Glory. We will turn platinum on the 14 day Glory cruise.....is there anyway to link the two cruises? If not after final payment for both will the Glory show platinum?

We have a 5 day cruise on the Victory and then 14 day Glory cruise side by side out of Miami in October...no break in between. Get off the Victory to get on the Glory. We will turn platinum on the 14 day Glory cruise.....is there anyway to link the two cruises? If not after final payment for both will the Glory show platinum?

No, you can't link them together. If maybe both cruises were on the same boat, maybe.

But your Glory cruise will definitely be Platinum.

We turn Platinum on the last day of our next 7-day cruise. I called Carnival and they told me, we wouldn't turn Platinum on this cruise. Bummer! I just checked our luggage tags and they say Priority. Thanks for the info everyone.

I think you will be platinum. Especially if your luggage tags say priority. (unless you paid for FTTF). I was under the impression if you turned to the next level at any time during your cruise, then you would be the next level for that whole cruise.

Go to carnival web site, log in, go to manage , click on my bookings, my cruise manager will pop up, it will have your booking number, click on booking number for the cruise. To the far right it will have cruise details. Click on that, then click view cruise documents. If you have paid your cruise off you can then click on print boarding pass, scroll down and look under your name and it will have your VIFP# and your status on that cruise. If you've not paid it in full click on print luggage tags and it will show you if your priority boarding which is FTTF, (which you have to purchase) PLATINUM OR DIAMOND. Hope this helps, this info is what you go by not what some CCL rep tells you..

Edited by volmoma

Go to carnival web site, log in, go to manage , click on my bookings, my cruise manager will pop up, it will have your booking number, click on booking number for the cruise. To the far right it will have cruise details. Click on that, then click view cruise documents. If you have paid your cruise off you can then click on print boarding pass, scroll down and look under your name and it will have your VIFP# and your status on that cruise. If you've not paid it in full click on print luggage tags and it will show you if your priority

boarding which is FTTF, (which you have to purchase) PLATINUM OR DIAMOND. Hope this helps, this info is what you go by not what some CCL rep tells you..

This is absolutely correct. We will turn Platinum on our next cruise. We have not paid our final balance, but the luggage tags say Priority.

Thanks for this information.

Edited by teacher32

Go to carnival web site, log in, go to manage , click on my bookings, my cruise manager will pop up, it will have your booking number, click on booking number for the cruise. To the far right it will have cruise details. Click on that, then click view cruise documents. If you have paid your cruise off you can then click on print boarding pass, scroll down and look under your name and it will have your VIFP# and your status on that cruise. If you've not paid it in full click on print luggage tags and it will show you if your priority boarding which is FTTF, (which you have to purchase) PLATINUM OR DIAMOND. Hope this helps, this info is what you go by not what some CCL rep tells you..

So looking at luggage tags.....where would it say priority? Would FWD-P under the cabin number....mean platinum level? Or priority luggage tags?

This is absolutely correct. We will turn Platinum on our next cruise. We have not paid our final balance, but the luggage tags say Priority.

Thanks for this information.

Your very welcome. I worry about telling people on here how to get to certain links step by step, I glad you got to the site. Just remember reps don't know the correct answer all the time. Talk to 5 different reps for CCL and your liable to get 5 different answers to the same question. LOL Glad I could help..

So looking at luggage tags.....where would it say priority? Would FWD-P under the cabin number....mean platinum level? Or priority luggage tags?

That P stands for Port

This is what you are looking for

https://ccl.custhelp.com/euf/assets/images/answers/Platinum_and_Diamond_Guest_Luggage_Tags_files/image003.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/fjqfnccg7/tag.jpg

Edited by AdrenalineRush

Let me check. Give me a minute.

Yes, that's correct. FWD- P means your at the front of the ship, with priority boarding. It will also have PRIORITY to the right of the Deck number and room number, this will say priority also. [emoji1]