MSC consumer survey

ssmea03

This morning I had a consumer survey from MSC, with a chance to win a cruise for 4. Fair enough I thought, so I had a go. It was all very straight forward until it was time to input my "zip" code! I don't have a "zip" code, and it didn't like my Canadian postal code. In the end I used the gas pump cheat code, but I then didn't get asked any more questions.

Considering that Canadians have to use the US site to book cruises I'm a little put out that MSC's marketing department doesn't seem to think that we exist.

I got it too. It said it was going to take about 25 minutes to complete. It asked my age, if I was male or female, if I was Hispanic/Latino, and then it asked what my race was and what our household income was. I chose “prefer not to answer” for both of those and then the survey ended. Weird.

I had the same result. Just chalked it up to poor IT issues at MSC. Or, MSC is only looking to survey specific demographics and they lost interest when I said "Prefer not to answer".

I got the email, answered the demographic questions and was allowed to proceed on to the remaining questions. The survey was quite lengthy, but it gave me something to do while taking a few extra minutes of "me time" when my 8 year old thought I was upstairs taking a shower. ;p

My wife experienced the same after she indicated we were from Canada. I think it is because of Canadian laws governing raffles or draws. Nevertheless, MSC should still allow you to complete the survey but not add your name to the draw/raffle.

This is one case where the system analyst or programmer creating the survey misunderstood the specs or requirements of the survey

Just got an email from MSC saying they discovered an issue with the survey and that I may have been "unintentionally disqualified" from completing it. They asked me to retake it.

Win a cruise for 4 adults. Okay. I'll see what happens this time.

Just got an email from MSC saying they discovered an issue with the survey and that I may have been "unintentionally disqualified" from completing it. They asked me to retake it.

Win a cruise for 4 adults. Okay. I'll see what happens this time.

It's just a bait

I received the same survey.

The survey became more and more detailed as I went through; questions were obviously based on my previous answers.

It took me about 45 minutes to complete (and I read fast).

By the time I finished, MSC knows what cruiselines I have traveled on and how each compare in different areas in my opinion.

There were also specific questions about a future cruise I have booked on a new, for me, high end cruise line.

There was also spaces for written answers so I could give more detail in some areas.

Same here - about 45 minutes comparing MSC experience with HAL. Which line has sleek Italian design? Why ask that question?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

There was also a question on which line makes one feel that one is in a work of art.

I can't remember the exact wording, but I interpreted it to mean that there are works of art on board. HAL wins on that one.

In any case, I felt my brain was thoroughly picked on comparisons of on board experience, ship design, my expectations of a cruise experience and , also, why I won't cruise on certain lines that I have cruised in the past.

• 2 weeks later...