Receipt Question

Just returned from LOS cruise and never could get it on my TV.

It was on the TV on the LoS. We were on the June 10-17 sailing and I looked at it a couple of times in the TV.

It was a little hard to follow on the TV and I think our remote was low on batteries because it wasn’t very responsive.

But, since we had our credit card set up we got a receipt on the last morning. It was folded and slipped into that “mail slot” behind the room number. We had, like, 3 charges that were questionable. My husband had the deluxe package but I only had the Refreshment package. It looked like 3 times my Folio number was charged at the bar for his drink instead of his folio number. (All 3 questionable charges were at bars and were on my number.). Most likely they were the times we ordered together, giving both cards, but only 1 number was recorded.

My mom went to GS on check out morning and was back with the charges removed in about 30 minutes. She just wasn’t going to bother if there was a long wait but it went fast and was easy to dispute.

Even my sister got flagged leaving the ship, as you scan you seapass the last time before stepping off, they sent her to GS and she was back going through the line to get off just as we exited Customs. (Somehow, her name had been removed from the CC they had on file. Her husband was linked and their teen was linked but she wasn’t linked. She just had to add herself back.) So, like less than 30 minutes for her to walk back to GS, stand in line, solve the problem and head off the ship again.

Any time I had to visit GS it went super fast. Usually they had a couple of workers floating around the end of the line to triage the line and make sure they couldn’t quickly solve your problem first. (I had a flickering light in my cabin and showed them a video and she called it in from the back of the line instead of making me wait.). I never saw anyone wait longer than 20-30 minutes.

OP - Maybe you had a receipt and just over looked it. Or maybe if you thought it was going to be complicated you should have taken the time to just wait and resolve the issue. I mean, the last day all there was to do was sit and wait anyway. Maybe your wait time would have been better spent in the CS line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we had 5 rooms total. My husband and I (on paper we had to split ourselves with my son and his GF who are 20) so me and GF in one room, husband and son in one room, daughter and 4 friends in one room, mom and dad of friends in the other 2 rooms. No one got an emailed receipt. My main concern is the 4 girls, since there were 4, I want to make sure the charges are all correct. I pretty much know what my husband and I spent, but not my son (not a big deal) but if one of the other girls charges are on MY card, I would like to know so the other family can pay me back. Not a big deal, but we all thought we would get a receipt so we could settle this all after the cruise. I think it's strange that we haven't gotten one, and I also have multiple charges from RC so I would like to know what they are for. It's a lot more than I was expecting so I'm curious.

So we had 5 rooms total. My husband and I (on paper we had to split ourselves with my son and his GF who are 20) so me and GF in one room, husband and son in one room, daughter and 4 friends in one room, mom and dad of friends in the other 2 rooms. No one got an emailed receipt. My main concern is the 4 girls, since there were 4, I want to make sure the charges are all correct. I pretty much know what my husband and I spent, but not my son (not a big deal) but if one of the other girls charges are on MY card, I would like to know so the other family can pay me back. Not a big deal, but we all thought we would get a receipt so we could settle this all after the cruise. I think it's strange that we haven't gotten one, and I also have multiple charges from RC so I would like to know what they are for. It's a lot more than I was expecting so I'm curious.

Right. We understood that.

The ship most likely left the paper receipt in one of the rooms. Maybe not the one you were physically staying in.

Or maybe the emailed receipt has landed in someone’s Spam email box.

It really seems very odd that RC just would be ignoring your request for a receipt.

Maybe they have copied your email address incorrectly. (My email address as a zero which is often mistaken for the letter O even when I speak ZERO.)

Maybe you should have taken time out of your busy waiting to wait in line at CS. On the last day of the cruise you can bet money that they will resolve your issue before 10:30am because that’s when the next group starts to board. So you know you can’t be in line all that long.

But I’ve never seen issue with RC just removing a disputed charge. They didn’t even question us. We said “not ours” and they took it right off. That simple.

But I've gotten every other communication from them. I can see if my receipt went to my kids rooms, but the other 2 rooms have nothing to do with me, and they didn't get one either. I had to call 3 times yesterday and enter 3 different account numbers and was told I would get a receipt within ONE hour 3 separate times, and have gotten none of them. I understand NOW that I should have taken time to wait in line, but disembarkation day was a bit of a mess trying to get 12 people together in that madhouse. And I don't even know if I have a charge to dispute, I just want to see them! I also need copies for records since this was a Girl Scout trip and money came out of that account. So, I know I should have waited in line, but I didn't, and I don't know why it's so hard to get a receipt after the fact.

Good point. If all the rooms were going n one card maybe the receipt ended up at one of the other rooms.

That's my guess, paperwork might been left at one of other rooms. Had mine combined with daughters room left at door. Or since accounts were combined e-mail was sent to one of kids email they had on file or their SPAM folder... Know many times me/wife get stuff other was to get, even when shouldn't. Happen's to my parents also. Mom had car in her name, Licence Plate in her name. Renewal always came to Dad

Thanks for all the help on things I SHOULD have done. Obviously with 20/20 hindsight, I should have gone and waited in that long line. I didn't. I'm trying to figure out what to do NOW to get a receipt. My kids emails were no where on any communication, so they didn't get any receipt. It would have come to me or one of the other moms, no one got them and yes, we've checked spam. I've been on other cruises where we got a receipt on the last day or emailed to us so WHY would I assume I wouldn't on this one? Midway through the cruise we went to GS and printed receipts and things were all messed up, that's why I want to see the final one and make sure. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Tree killing for receipts is on its way out, probably with every line (even Marriott seems to have stopped shoving them under the door).

Yeah, paperless like Medical records/files are supposed to be. Just left Dr office. In exam room had to fill out & sign 4 more sheets due to new Michigan State law on pain meds. Even though got e-mail by time got home with all visit info, walked out with 6 pieces paper with same info. So I guess computers are just a backup for paper, they just double their work... Now if we could just have Royal stop leaving in our room the ream of paper of all the Art Sales & such...

But I've gotten every other communication from them. I can see if my receipt went to my kids rooms, but the other 2 rooms have nothing to do with me, and they didn't get one either. I had to call 3 times yesterday and enter 3 different account numbers and was told I would get a receipt within ONE hour 3 separate times, and have gotten none of them. I understand NOW that I should have taken time to wait in line, but disembarkation day was a bit of a mess trying to get 12 people together in that madhouse. And I don't even know if I have a charge to dispute, I just want to see them! I also need copies for records since this was a Girl Scout trip and money came out of that account. So, I know I should have waited in line, but I didn't, and I don't know why it's so hard to get a receipt after the fact.

Yeah. I get ya.

Next time (regardless of the cruise line) stop trying to keep everyone together. Set a meeting point and make everyone responsible for themselves. It will take a TON of stress off of you!

We traveled as a group of 9. The only people I worried with was myself, husband, son and Mom and I only half worried about Mom.

I left my sisters to worry with their families. We set meeting points and had cellphones to text as needed (didn’t get WiFi on the ship but service in all ports.)

On disembarkation day we just met outside at the pickup lanes. We all arrived there at different times. My oldest sister and her husband walked off at 8am and drive themselves home. As did my BIL to go get the van to pick the rest of us up. As we were exiting my sister was stopped to go back to CS. He son had already passed through the scan so he stayed with us while my sister went back to CS. She still managed to find her way out all on her own!

We also all boarded in small groups. My oldest sister got there first. We rode with my middle sister but went on in with my mom while she and her son waited for her hubs to park the car. We had no trouble at all meeting up with each other once we were all onboard. I can’t even imagine trying to control them all through check in and out.

I have no reason at all to manage another adult getting on and off a cruise ship. Trying to keep a group that size all together and moving the same direction will make you old.

Maybe the lesson for next time is to focus on a smaller group of people. That way things won’t slip through that could be easier to handle in person. The way I understood the compass, if you didn’t dispute your charges before leaving the ship you were accepting them as your own.

(And I can’t even imagine asking another family to “pay me back” for a vacation charge. I mean, maybe if it was like $100... but a misapplied drink or candy purchase... can’t even imagine!)

I'm so sorry you are experiencing so much trouble getting something emailed to you which should be relatively simple in this day and age (although we are talking about RCCL who doesn't have the best track record when it comes to things IT-related). Regardless of whether or not a paper copy was left that you missed, or left at the wrong room, or that you didn't go to GS that morning to get a copy, or any of the other things so many people want to tell you that you did wrong, the fact remains that RCCL should be able to provide you with a copy of the receipt via email by now. There is simply no reason for someone to have to call and request something like this 3 times. Again, I am sorry for this hassle you are going through.

I completely understand why you would like to double check the receipts and make sure everything sounds like it was correctly charged. While I haven't (yet) has a personal experience with RCCL overcharging me, from what I have read on these boards, it happens often enough that I still continue to check my bill. I also go the extra step of checking my credit card statement a few days after I arrive to be sure RCCL didn't add anything after I received my paper bill (because I have heard of this happening to people). I realize not everyone does this, but it makes me feel better to double check.

All this being said, the only suggestion I can make as to your next step is to call them again (which is super frustrating, I know) and when they tell you they will email you the receipts, tell them that you will remain on the line with them until the email shows up in your inbox (I have done this with other companies before and I've never had an issue with the representative telling me they had to hang up). It's at least worth a try.

Best of luck!

Melissa

I'm so sorry you are experiencing so much trouble getting something emailed to you which should be relatively simple in this day and age (although we are talking about RCCL who doesn't have the best track record when it comes to things IT-related). Regardless of whether or not a paper copy was left that you missed, or left at the wrong room, or that you didn't go to GS that morning to get a copy, or any of the other things so many people want to tell you that you did wrong, the fact remains that RCCL should be able to provide you with a copy of the receipt via email by now. There is simply no reason for someone to have to call and request something like this 3 times. Again, I am sorry for this hassle you are going through.

I completely understand why you would like to double check the receipts and make sure everything sounds like it was correctly charged. While I haven't (yet) has a personal experience with RCCL overcharging me, from what I have read on these boards, it happens often enough that I still continue to check my bill. I also go the extra step of checking my credit card statement a few days after I arrive to be sure RCCL didn't add anything after I received my paper bill (because I have heard of this happening to people). I realize not everyone does this, but it makes me feel better to double check.

All this being said, the only suggestion I can make as to your next step is to call them again (which is super frustrating, I know) and when they tell you they will email you the receipts, tell them that you will remain on the line with them until the email shows up in your inbox (I have done this with other companies before and I've never had an issue with the representative telling me they had to hang up). It's at least worth a try.

Best of luck!

Melissa

Melissa's advice is excellent and I heartily agree with it. :)

Next time (regardless of the cruise line) stop trying to keep everyone together. Set a meeting point and make everyone responsible for themselves. It will take a TON of stress off of you!

Maybe the lesson for next time is to focus on a smaller group of people. That way things won’t slip through that could be easier to handle in person. The way I understood the compass, if you didn’t dispute your charges before leaving the ship you were accepting them as your own.

(And I can’t even imagine asking another family to “pay me back” for a vacation charge. I mean, maybe if it was like $100... but a misapplied drink or candy purchase... can’t even imagine!)

We did have small groups - but I had my 16 year olds passport so needed her to disembark with me, and one of the families ended up disembarking and leaving right away, which left a couple of girls by themselves, outside, it was just a crazy morning. But we were in small groups, for what it was worth!

And I wasn't worried about a misapplied drink or candy purchase, but some of them did the cupcake workshop and some didn't, some did the galley tour and some didn't, we're talking bigger charges there than a drink or candy.

Update - my husband finally got a receipt emailed to him - and sure enough, there were some discrepancies like a $50 towel charge. RC is supposed to be calling me back about that. I checked out towels, and my husband returned them, but because we weren't listed in the same room, it didn't go back on the right account, my fault, I know, but they WERE returned!

Sorry to jump in here, but I've noticed that these emails come from "DONOTREPLY@royalcaribbean.com" -- so it might be easy to think it's junk mail. (My email client shows only "DONOTREPLY" & I actually had to open one of these to get the full address.)

I know you've discussed spam folders before, but with the above as the "sender" - they're easy to overlook.

We did have small groups - but I had my 16 year olds passport so needed her to disembark with me, and one of the families ended up disembarking and leaving right away, which left a couple of girls by themselves, outside, it was just a crazy morning. But we were in small groups, for what it was worth!

And I wasn't worried about a misapplied drink or candy purchase, but some of them did the cupcake workshop and some didn't, some did the galley tour and some didn't, we're talking bigger charges there than a drink or candy.

Update - my husband finally got a receipt emailed to him - and sure enough, there were some discrepancies like a $50 towel charge. RC is supposed to be calling me back about that. I checked out towels, and my husband returned them, but because we weren't listed in the same room, it didn't go back on the right account, my fault, I know, but they WERE returned!

Thanks for followup, glad wasn't too far off.....