Review - Navigator (ABC Islands) B2B - Cruise was Great...I wasn't.

Nessa1dc

Cruiseship: Navigator of the Seas

Dates: 1st leg (January 14 - January 19) 2nd Leg (January 19 - January 28)....

We flew to Miami on January 13, 2018. We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay....excellent hotel, great location.

We have been waiting for a year for this cruise and we were super excited. This was our second experience with a Back 2 Back....It was my Husband, Brother, Girlfriend and her parents...we go on a cruise every year. We thought we would reach Diamond Plus by the 2nd Leg...but we were off by a few points. I am proud to say that we are definitely Diamond Plus now.

Check-in at the Marriott was seamless and the rooms were very nice. The hotel is lovely. We had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp which we took a taxi too.

Embarkation - We had breakfast at the Marriott and had "South Florida Shuttles" to pick us up at 11:00am. They are a great service. We arrived at the port about 11:20am and everything with Embarkation was smooth. As we were walking around the ship...I sneezed (not normal)...my husband looked at me and I looked at him and said something like, "its probably my sinus"...that was about 11:45am. By 2:00pm...I was sick as a dog. I had the flu. Can you believe that? I can't really tell you much about the cruise...because I was in bed most of it.

I visited the Ships doctor who was excellent, but wanted me quarantined...which I was. I didn't get to leave my room until the 5 day of the second leg...I was so disappointed, but what can you do? My husband and friends loved everything....they enjoyed the Navigator Crew (EXCEPTIONAL). The Food they tell me was mediocre...and we aren't too picky. I didn't eat much...a apple and orange slice was like a full meal for me. My husband and family explained that breakfast at the Windjammer was the same everyday...nothing new. They wanted more diversification for breakfast and lunch. They also said that the Dinner menu needed some changing. We cruise every year, and the menu is the exact same....

Anyhoo, they had a great time...I had a decent time for 4 days of my 14 day cruise. We would recommend the Navigator.

Our next cruise has been planned...we are doing the Grandeur out of Baltimore in December of this year.....looking forward to it. Hoping for a better time for me.

We did have a balcony...but honestly...the first 4 days or so...I only wanted my bed.

My Husband and I actually walked down to the clinic on the 2nd day...and the Dr. told me pretty much what I already knew...she prescribed Tamiflu and sent me to my room and asked that I not mingle amongst the happy travelers....trust me...I didn't want to. Its just so disappointing. I do all the planning etc. We only cruise 1 time a year...I catch the flu on the first day of my cruise...wow.

Edited by Nessa1dc

We did have a balcony...but honestly...the first 4 days or so...I only wanted my bed.

My Husband and I actually walked down to the clinic on the 2nd day...and the Dr. told me pretty much what I already knew...she prescribed Tamiflu and sent me to my room and asked that I not mingle amongst the happy travelers....trust me...I didn't want to. Its just so disappointing. I do all the planning etc. We only cruise 1 time a year...I catch the flu on the first day of my cruise...wow.

Thanks for sharing. What a real Bummer! So many wouldn't have done what you did by quarantining themselves to their stateroom. So many would have walk around the ship coughing, sneezing and touching everything insight without covering their mouth and nose and not washing their hands. Thank you for your consideration and sacrifice.

We were on with you for the 2nd leg. Agree the crew was the most engaged we’ve seen lately. Liked the food, it also seemed better, reversing what has been a declining trend.

Weather was meh until we got to the islands. The rainiest cruise ever for us.

Sorry you were sick. Not fun, and when you’re supposed to be kicking back and getting a break. As others have said, thanks for staying away from the rest of the cruisers, germs spread too easily. Too bad you can’t get a credit for that!