Charging Account For Kids

selljd

First time taking our kids on a cruise - I want to put them on a budget have been having them do extra chores to earn spending money- can I set them each up their own account funded with the $ they earned for their budget? The online check-in does not appear to allow them to have their own account.

Thanks in advance.

We put a $150 dollar limit (we put whole amt on all at once or else you will need o go do it daily for smaller limit) on DS (15) account to spend, its is $25 a day for 6 days (he can start spending on 1st full day). He understands it is $25 a day (mostly used in arcade).

As he has been doing this for years, it is never a problem for him to only spend the $25 daily. You can pull a statement from one of the kiosks to check kids account if need be. When he was much younger we told him the card would shut off automatically if he went over the daily limit and we would not turn it back on, that kept him in check and aware of his spending through out the day ;p.

We put a $150 dollar limit (we put whole amt on all at once or else you will need o go do it daily for smaller limit) on DS (15) account to spend, its is $25 a day for 6 days (he can start spending on 1st full day). He understands it is $25 a day (mostly used in arcade).

As he has been doing this for years, it is never a problem for him to only spend the $25 daily. You can pull a statement from one of the kiosks to check kids account if need be. When he was much younger we told him the card would shut off automatically if he went over the daily limit and we would not turn it back on, that kept him in check and aware of his spending through out the day ;p.

You put a limit and they will not let them charge over that amount. We would put $70 on our children's accounts and that was it. I know that our son brought some cash and when he got cut off he had to add it to his account.

Kind of sort of related-ish but I was discussing this cruise with my son and he mentioned how on NCL they would clip a corner of the cabin key for the kids to show they were underage and he asked if CCL does something similar. I had to tell him that I don't know because we've never sailed on CCL with kids, so does CCL do anything to the kids' S&S cards to show they are under age?

Kind of sort of related-ish but I was discussing this cruise with my son and he mentioned how on NCL they would clip a corner of the cabin key for the kids to show they were underage and he asked if CCL does something similar. I had to tell him that I don't know because we've never sailed on CCL with kids, so does CCL do anything to the kids' S&S cards to show they are under age?

No, they don't. However, it will show in the system when attempt to purchase alcohol :)