How can I prove I am a past guest of Carnival?

deb4kids

I am a past guest of Carnival, but it can't be proven since I cruised in 1989. It was our first cruise (our honeymoon) on Sept 4, 1989. We cruised on the Carinvale which has been retired and Carnival's records do not go back to 1989. I was told, I couldn't use a picture, it had to be a ticket, which I don't have.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I am a past guest of Carnival, but it can't be proven since I cruised in 1989. It was our first cruise (our honeymoon) on Sept 4, 1989. We cruised on the Carinvale which has been retired and Carnival's records do not go back to 1989. I was told, I couldn't use a picture, it had to be a ticket, which I don't have.

Everyone has been saying the picture works.. showing you on the ship .. do you have the embarkation photo.. they can't deny that...

You need a better PVP who is willing to go back and find the records in the old computer.

You need a better PVP who is willing to go back and find the records in the old computer.

Carnival's past guest database doesnt go back that far. IIRC 93 or 95 was the cutoff

i have always been surprised that Carnival would accept a random photo sent in from a person . Not saying people are dishonest, but its fairly easy to find thousands of old embarkations pictures online. Its not as if Carnival knows what anyone looks like

OP hope you get it resolved

Our very first cruise was on the Carnivale back in the 80s. After our trip it was being retired. I planned that trip for us and another couple. I took abuse for a year on that one. The only proof I have is a picture of us with the Captain,back then Formal Night Captains Dinner. I've had crackers that were thicker than those mattresses. Sorry OP, I had a flashback....

My first cruise was on the Ecstasy back in 1992...They couldn't trace it back that far...

Carnival's past guest database doesnt go back that far. IIRC 93 or 95 was the cutoff

i have always been surprised that Carnival would accept a random photo sent in from a person . Not saying people are dishonest, but its fairly easy to find thousands of old embarkations pictures online. Its not as if Carnival knows what anyone looks like

OP hope you get it resolved

My cruise history includes a cruise on the Tropicale in Nov 1988 and I did not do anything to make it appear. It was just there.

Also I believe that Carnival requires a current photo id and may look for a resemblance in your provided photo.

Everyone has been saying the picture works.. showing you on the ship .. do you have the embarkation photo.. they can't deny that...

Why not? How do you prove that someone in a 22 year old picture is you? OP needs a ticket or something like that unless they have a S & S card.

I have lost a cruise on the Carnivale from 1985...it is one of a couple boarding pics (20+), I can't find, and I have nothing else to prove it.

I think for the most part, the person sending in the photo is being honest, as most wouldn't have another passengers boarding photo, except for the dufus below that had the superbowl shirt on.

Why not? How do you prove that someone in a 22 year old picture is you? OP needs a ticket or something like that unless they have a S & S card.

According to John Heald, someone sent in a picture claiming to be from 1999 except he was wearing a Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl shirt in the picture from 2002.

I have the same problem. I had a few cruises under my belt but, because I have no documented proof, I can't get credit for them either. :( They went automated in 1995 I think and therefore, they have no way of going that far back.

If you've run into a brick wall, and have wedding photos and cruise photos to match, I would get in touch with John Heald via his blog or Facebook page. Let him rattle a few cages.

I don't know who you talked to but, a picture of you on the ship is fine.

You certainly have photos from that cruise...perhaps one they take upon boarding giving the name of the ship and the date. Or, a receipt for a souvenier bought on board...or a confirmation of your wedding plans from Carnival...maybe a luggage tag.

They found 3 of mine from the 80's with this sort of stuff.....

Give it a shot...

I have the same problem. I had a few cruises under my belt but, because I have no documented proof, I can't get credit for them either. :( They went automated in 1995 I think and therefore, they have no way of going that far back.

Not the same line, but the same group, I know.

Millvina Dean was credited for her trip on Carpathia in 1912 without providing proof.

WD

I had the same problem. I was fortunate to have made a note of my cabin # and date. I just sent an e-mail to Carnival with that information and it was taken care of. Good luck. Hope they fix it for you.

Archived