Salsa Salsa & Margaritas

texas34

Did it last March -- really fun -- free-flowing drinks all day long. My only concern would be the fact that not everyone ends up in the "nice" space. We did, so I have no complaints -- however, many ended up in the indoor space. The outdoor space is MUCH nicer -- open & airy, with great views. I think they only use the indoor space on busy days (or maybe on bad weather days too?).

You can either go back to the ship when finished, or hang out in their lovely, HUGE pool (we did!) and they'll take you back later.

They give you all of the recipes -- I made the strawberry margaritas for a summer party, and they were a big hit.

Highly recommended.

We had a great time and met some really nice people. Due to hurricane rerouting, there were more ships in port than normal and we were indoors because of rain, but a good time was had by all. They are very organized.

Don't get too excited about the free drinks though. Other than the one or two you make yourself, they taste like margaritas, but I didn't feel the effect.

We did not care for this tour. We had done the cooking tour 2 or 3 times on previous cruises and loved it (about 15 people total) in Cozumel.

This was a mad house...well over 100 people and inside...too crowded and too impersonal...couldn't wait for it to be over.

Also said you could use resort pool...not very welcoming, wouldn't even let us have a towel.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked this excursion for our upcoming cruise in December and we think it looks like a lot of fun but I do have questions. I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find my answers anywhere... so some help would be wonderful.

How far is this Hotel from the pier? We will be docking at TMM International.

Is there any shops near by? After the excursion is over we wanted to do some shopping.

Will we need to get a taxi to go back to the ship?

And if we decided to stay at the resort for awhile is there a bar? What all extra do we have to pay for at the resort?...

I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find my answers anywhere... so some help would be wonderful.

Is there any shops near by? After the excursion is over we wanted to do some shopping.

And if we decided to stay at the resort for awhile is there a bar? What all extra do we have to pay for at the resort?...

Not sure about the context of your question... Are you referring to Salsa and Salsa or the private resort?

If you are arriving via RC, you have no choice but to go through many shops just to get into town. There is a few bars right in the pier area.

As for the resorts, they are all a short cab ride away. Whether drinks are included or extra depends on which resort you go to and/or which package you buy. There is a very good comparison between the resorts over in the Ports of Call forum.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked this excursion for our upcoming cruise in December and we think it looks like a lot of fun but I do have questions. I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find my answers anywhere... so some help would be wonderful.

Hotel is located on southern edge of town about 2 miles from pier. It is held at Hotel Cozumel.

Some small shops nearby and stalls, or you can walk another mile to town center with shops en route.

Not sure about ship sponsored transport back to ship but plenty of taxis always available in Cozumel.

I haven't done this excursion but have read of others hanging out at hotel beach (man-made) area across the road from hotel, or large pool.

There are bars available, not sure if it is exclusively AI, or if pay-as-you-go (cash) available at bars, or if they are included in your excursion.

Hotel is located on southern edge of town about 2 miles from pier. It is held at Hotel Cozumel.

Some small shops nearby and stalls, or you can walk another mile to town center with shops en route.

Not sure about ship sponsored transport back to ship but plenty of taxis always available in Cozumel.

I haven't done this excursion but have read of others hanging out at hotel beach (man-made) area across the road from hotel, or large pool.

There are bars available, not sure if it is exclusively AI, or if pay-as-you-go (cash) available at bars, or if they are included in your excursion.

We did this on DWs birthday and it was a lot of fun. When we were ready to leave we caught a cab back to the ship. If we did this again I would take a cab to the center of town and walk back to the ship.

• 10 months later...

It was mostly fun. We had too short a time in Cozumel though and they worried us about getting back to the ship. Sound system not so good, hard to hear all the time. Margaritas were good. The lady next to me at the 10 top table never spoke to anyone but her husband. We liked what we made. Dancing was way too crowded.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know about accessibility on this tour? Our daughter is in a wheelchair and I'm having a hard time getting answers. Is the venue on the first floor and does it have handicapped access? I read that it is on the second floor , but not sure if there is an elevator or just stairs. What is the transportation to the hotel- bus or taxi? Thanks for any help

Does anyone know about accessibility on this tour? Our daughter is in a wheelchair and I'm having a hard time getting answers. Is the venue on the first floor and does it have handicapped access? I read that it is on the second floor , but not sure if there is an elevator or just stairs. What is the transportation to the hotel- bus or taxi? Thanks for any help

Haven't done the tour but this may explain the confusion, from their website

Is there wheelchair/disabled access?

We do have both venue and transportation wheelchair accessibility in Cabo and Mazatlan.

In Cozumel we tend to change our venue location due to weather issues, wheelchair accessibility may be available depending on the location please check with Shorex when purchasing your tickets.

I can't speak for all the cruise lines, but Royal Caribbean will let you cancel a shore excursion. So if that is possible, I would suggest book it and then watch the weather with an eye to cancel if you are going to end up indoors.

Just FYI, the name of the actual company is Salsa and Salsa. Links don't work here on CC, but if you add a .com to the end of that, you'll get to their web site. They are usually pretty fast with answering emails if you want to contact them directly. (For the Cozumel location they only accept bookings through the cruise lines.)

I have been twice. In March, there we so many people that we were divided into a couple of different rooms. My group was first (yay) and was in a open area (roof, but no walls -- or at least huge windows that were all open, with a great view of the ocean). No stairs at all, including to & from bathroom. However, others were downstairs in a ballroom. I have also been in the summer when it was crazy-hot. This time we were in the room above the open area. Same great view, but air-conditioned -- and up probably 20+ steps, with no bathroom on this level.

Haven't done the tour but this may explain the confusion, from their website

Is there wheelchair/disabled access?

We do have both venue and transportation wheelchair accessibility in Cabo and Mazatlan.

In Cozumel we tend to change our venue location due to weather issues, wheelchair accessibility may be available depending on the location please check with Shorex when purchasing your tickets.