Questions about Mambo Beach

NanaBell

Hello, We are looking forward to going to Mambo Beach in a couple of weeks on our carnival ship but I have a few questions. How much is the entry fee? how much are the loungers? Umbrellas? Pool? water jump toys? There is 12 of us and we will all share taxis to get there from the port. Thank you

• 1 month later...

We were just there a little over a week ago. A taxi from the port was I believe $20. My wife went to visit the aquarium and I swung next door to the Lion's Dive and grabbed a chair there. About 15 minutes after I sat down one of the employees came around to gather the fee. I believe total for the chair and entry I paid $7 US. I wasn't using an umbrella and only ordered one beer at the bar so I can't comment on some of the other items. The little boardwalk area is right there too with some good little places to eat. I had an arepa at one of the shops and it was fantastic.

On the way back, we headed out to the parking lot and ended up catching the local bus back to the port. Took a little longer, but paid maybe $5 total to get back to downtown.

• 3 weeks later...
We were just there a little over a week ago. A taxi from the port was I believe $20. My wife went to visit the aquarium and I swung next door to the Lion's Dive and grabbed a chair there. About 15 minutes after I sat down one of the employees came around to gather the fee. I believe total for the chair and entry I paid $7 US. I wasn't using an umbrella and only ordered one beer at the bar so I can't comment on some of the other items. The little boardwalk area is right there too with some good little places to eat. I had an arepa at one of the shops and it was fantastic.

On the way back, we headed out to the parking lot and ended up catching the local bus back to the port. Took a little longer, but paid maybe $5 total to get back to downtown.

We went to Mambo Beach last week. The taxi's were waiting and for $5 each or $20 per cab you could quickly get to the beach. We found a person who was collecting the entrance fee of $2.50 for seniors and gave us a receipt. Later someone else came around for the lounger fee (we had to show our entrance fee receipt) of $3.50 per chair, but the receipt included a coupon for a small bottled water from the bar. The beach is wonderfully clean and it's easy to get into the water which is shallow for quite a way. We bought beer for $5 each and later walked down to a crepe restaurant and enjoyed delicious savory crepes for about $10 each. After several hours we headed out and saw taxi's waiting there. For $20 our group of 4 were returned to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to get to Mambo beach from the port? We are looking for a pretty beach close to the port. I have read that the best beaches are not close by. We don't arrive till 2:00, so we don't plan to spend a lot of time at the beach because we want to be back on the ship by 5:00 to get ready for dinner.

How long does it take to get to Mambo beach from the port? We are looking for a pretty beach close to the port. I have read that the best beaches are not close by. We don't arrive till 2:00, so we don't plan to spend a lot of time at the beach because we want to be back on the ship by 5:00 to get ready for dinner.

Mambo beach is man made and isn't pretty in my opinion. The closest beaches to port are Pirate Bay and Blue bay. Both are 10 minutes by cab $4 per person each way.

Mambo beach is man made and isn't pretty in my opinion. The closest beaches to port are Pirate Bay and Blue bay. Both are 10 minutes by cab $4 per person each way.

Can you share some info on Blue Bay - we have been to curacao a few times and have visited Cas Abao and Porte Mari but we are thinking of trying Blue Bay this time - we get in at 1:30.......thoughts?

Can you share some info on Blue Bay - we have been to curacao a few times and have visited Cas Abao and Porte Mari but we are thinking of trying Blue Bay this time - we get in at 1:30.......thoughts?
Blue Bay is nice but IMO not as nice as the 2 you mentioned. Blue Bay is smaller than the other 2 as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Hello, We are looking forward to going to Mambo Beach in a couple of weeks on our carnival ship but I have a few questions. How much is the entry fee? how much are the loungers? Umbrellas? Pool? water jump toys? There is 12 of us and we will all share taxis to get there from the port. Thank you

We were there last week. $3.50 entry fee and $3.50 for chair. Just sit down and they will collect $ from you. Kids rented snorkel masks - $6 fee and I got a nice raft for $10 to float out in the water. We ate at Aloha Grill ($5 for burger, fish sandwich, fries, ham n cheese, etc - carried over to picnic table and ordered beer, soda , mojitos at Aloha bar (great bartender). Really peaceful day - we enjoyed it. Cab ride - I forget price but not bad ride.

Sat under palm tree for shade so not sure how much umbrellas/shaded huts were. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Mambo beach (next to Seaquarium) and thought it was a very nice beach. Yes it is man made but this just keeps the water coming in calmer almost like a cove or bay. The sand was soft and the water very clear. You could also swim to a flat rock sandbar area only about 50 feet away. Many ars and restaurants on the beach so it was happening without being overcrowded. It was 5$ p/p and we caught a minivan cab just after the fort before we crossed the bridge. Took 10 minutes to get there. We payed $3.50 a chair but walked far to the left. On the right of the beach the chairs were 9$ and 6$. We thought our chairs were just fine. Enjoy the day!

• 11 months later...

Is it easy to do beach day either Mambo or Blue Bay and see all that Wiliamsted has to offer bridges, colorful buildings etc maybe get a nice dinner. I LOVE blue water and white sand and blue drinks with umbrellas, and I am Dutch so I would like to visit Downtown and shop. I am 40, traveling with my best friend and my niece who is on her Spring break as a senior in High School. We are in port from 10am-11pm. Thank you in advance