Cost of Tenders and or coaches????

Geminisquirrel

We booked on a saver fare and weren't charged for the shuttle bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some you will not be charged for if the port requires them for H and S. ie ones to port gates etc.

If it was a shuttle to a drop off point in a town, was your card scanned before boarding the coach, by the ship.

Which port was it, out of interest?

It was the whole Iberia cruise on Oceana at Easter. So Bilbao, La Caruna, La Rochelle and St Nazaire

The card was scanned by the ship but everyone was just allowed to board the coach

Should add if the port requires tenders you will not be charged for that, whatever fare you pay. You have to pay for the transfer in Venice, but that is down to the port in Venice, not P and o.

You don't have to pay for a transfer in Venice, you can walk out of the port if you want to.

It's worth checking out other options, in Dubrovnik the shuttle is £4.50, taxis €10. Cheaper if you share & no queue on the return journey. On the 14 day Ventura fly cruises only Corfu & Dubrovnik have shuttles you need to pay for.

You don't have to pay for a transfer in Venice, you can walk out of the port if you want to.

It's worth checking out other options, in Dubrovnik the shuttle is £4.50, taxis €10. Cheaper if you share & no queue on the return journey. On the 14 day Ventura fly cruises only Corfu & Dubrovnik have shuttles you need to pay for.

Hi we are just doing the 7 night cruise genoa to venice. So the only port we have to pay a shuttle for is dubrovnik.?

So livorno, naples are either included or not needed?

We returned on the 7th May and on our visit to Livorno the shuttle bus was free to all. It was a long way out of the port and I don't think people were allowed to walk to the port gates. Bus drops you off in the centre of town.

To be honest Livorno wasn't nice as there were a lot of beggars about and generally an unsafe atmosphere. The day we were there it was a bank holiday and most shops were shut apart from a supermarket.

If you are not doing a trip I would recommend you stay on the Ship!

Dubrovnik is that £4.50 each way or return? Thanks

We have been to Livorno with P&O and Princess and never been charged for shuttle buses even though Princess have charged for shuttle buses for a number of years. The reason why there is no charge is because the authority of Livorno provide the shuttle bus and we have been to Livorno and browsed the shops and market and never felt unsafe or threatened there.

What about when you got back to Genoa - did you get off straight away for the airport or could you do a trip or is it easy to get into Genoa and is it worth it?

It depends what time your flight is, we didn't leave the ship until 1.15 but P&O wouldn't let us leave our hand luggage anywhere so we stayed on board & got the last of the Italian sun.

Dubrovnik is that £4.50 each way or return? Thanks

Each way, first 2 trips you have to pay for, after that it's free.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

It was the whole Iberia cruise on Oceana at Easter. So Bilbao, La Caruna, La Rochelle and St Nazaire

The card was scanned by the ship but everyone was just allowed to board the coach

May be it was because the system is only just starting. We were also away for Easter ,card scanned as you left the ship, and again prior to you boarding the coach. It was also scanned as you boarded the coach to return.

• 3 weeks later...
If you purchase your Cruise on a Saver fare, I understand you have to pay for the Coaches to transfer to different destinations on the cruise.

Can anyone tell me how much these costs are please.

We just returned Off Oriana. The charge for SHUTTLE BUS. Only was £3 each. Each way so a trip ashore was £12. For myself and hubby. Hense we only went on a SHUTTLE once. .

English Lady,

We were on the Easter cruise on Oceana that Happy Girl is referring to. La Coruna does not require a shuttle, you walk out of the dock gates into the town, the other 3 ports are all free shuttles as shown on P&O's list and this was confirmed each day in Horizon sheet. Our cards were not scanned as we boarded the coaches, were your cards scanned even on free shuttles ?

Edited by Josy1953

Do you know I can't remember now. Corfu was a chargeable one and one other (not sure which)

Have to say in La Coruna we made the best decision ever when we went ashore. There was a man there with a "taxi rickshaw"-basically an adult 3 person tricycle. He took us all over the place, down paths that just humans and him could get down. It was absolutely fantastic. Took about 1 1/2-hours ,or maybe longer. Loved it.