Review-Pride 4/15

newadventure13

Hi everyone,

Just off the Pride 4/15-22 sailing and thought I'd write a review, as I have found many of them so helpful. A bit about me, I'm a single mom of 2 boys. This was my 6th cruise and the 2nd for my boys

Interested, we cruise the Pride in a few months

So, my 3 boys are 13 & 9 and this was their 2nd cruise. Their 1st was 4 years ago and my mother joined us that time. My last cruise was January 2017 and it was Ship Rocked, so definitely a much different type of cruise! My niece also joined us and this is her 1st time and she is 7. So this would be my first time cruising with the kids without another adult and I add an extra. So, what did this mama get herself for Christmas? Why the Cheers package of course! I went back and forth on buying it but in the end I decided I would get it so not to get hung up on price or what I was spending on drinking. Coffee also runs through my veins as a overnight worker, and I prefer I iced so that was a huge plus. Was it worth it? To me it was, I probably ended up spending about $5 a drink with a good amount being the spiked coffees and they where a bit cheaper at 5.99. I also got a fair amount of water and a few poweraids that I didn't factor in. Bar service was slow in the MDR, so I probably would have gotten more out of it if I had been able to get my wine faster ;)

All of us had passports and I got notorized letters from my ex husband and my brother and nieces mother for the kids. They never looked at them. They did ask if I had one for my niece where we checked in but she said she didn't need to see it, but they might on the ship which seemed odd to me. I was also not able to print out my boarding passes, it kept saying my booking # was invalid and I had to re write it all before checking in which was a huge pain.

I forgot to mention we are from RI and drove to Baltimore the night before and parked in the lot for the week. I paid cash, they didn't put us in a separate line and we did wait at least 20 minutes to park. Our check in time was 2:30, and the line was approx 30-45 minute wait.

They did not use our passport pictures, they took them at the desk, handed us our sign and sail cards and off we went. We headed to the lido and I grabbed a quick bite and then we went to find our room. We where on the 1st deck forward room 109 starboard side. It was a oceanview. We where a few doors down from the butterflies lounge and I only heard loud laughing one night. One of our bags was already waiting for us. The kids wanted to get in the pool, but I told them after muster drill as they would be cold. We headed up to the lido so I could grabs drink, but the bars had already closed. They said they would close them 20 minutes prior to muster but I think it was more like 45 minutes to an hour before.

So the muster drill, I honestly think this is the longest one I have ever been too. We had to walk down the hall then walk outside and wait in a long line, and it was freezing (I think 45 and rainy). But we didn't do the muster outside we had to go back in and walk down to the lounge for the briefing and life jacket demonstration and wait for everyone to file in. The ones I have been too outside have always been much faster. I almost wish I skipped it and went to the private ones for those how didn't show up. They do scan your S&S cards, so everyone must go.

After the muster the kids changed we headed to the pool and I got my first drink. Just a note I do not take elevators on cruises, we take the stairs. I don't like waiting and I need the exercise so I can eat & drink

There where life jackets by the pool which my niece used. Eventually they wanted to head out to the hot tub, the outside pool was roped off and it was too cold to use anyway. I made my way to the gym and signed up for the spin classes. They where on sea days, 3 classes for $29 which I think is a great deal.

After switching by between the pool and hot tub we went to the room to get ready for dinner. I unpacked and found there to be plenty of hangers for all of us. I did pack extra and used some for our dresses and the boys dress shirts, but we would have been fine without them. I did bring one of those hanging clothes racks but there was no room for it. I did not bring a pop up hamper and there wouldn't have been room in the closet for it with all the life vests and cushions from the couch.

Before dinner we took several pictures. I did purchase one of the picture packages when I read about them on here. I bought the $200 that included all the pictures but not the digital files. They asked for us to check for our pictures each day and then they put them in a folder for the week. The last day we picked them up.

This is the first time we did YTD. We went to the MDR 4 of the nights. I found the service to be slow, especially waiting for drinks from the bar. During the week I heard several people complain about how long it took to get a drink in the MDR. It was usually a 20-30 minute wait. We would also get our food a different times. My niece and youngest got pizza every night, one night they brought out my niece's pizza and my son wait over 20 minutes for his. I would assume this is due to cutting back on staff. Buffet dinner on the lido was ok, always found something. The kids stuck with pizza

We did not go to any of the shows after dinner. We did go to several of the dive in movies. They had blankets and popcorn. You have to get there early for a good seat.

Thanks for your review. Someone else just asked about classes in the gym and I remember it being a package that I got for spin classes and you just confirmed this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

where did you find the package?

where did you find the package?

When I went into the gym there was a table set up in the middle by the treadmills at the bottom of the steps. They had one for spin, yoga, and I think the others where for the wellness workshops/weight loss classes. After the 1st class they charged our S&S card and gratuity was added so it was $33 and change

When I went into the gym there was a table set up in the middle by the treadmills at the bottom of the steps. They had one for spin, yoga, and I think the others where for the wellness workshops/weight loss classes. After the 1st class they charged our S&S card and gratuity was added so it was $33 and change

so 33 for the one class or multiple classes?? thanks.

First sea day woke up and it was very rocky. All the pools had been drained. Spin class was hold on for dear life. After class we headed to the sea day bunch. We went all 3 sea days with the kids having the pancake, which they loved. After we headed to the lido, I had brought several card games and we found a table by the pool and played. My 9 yr old was not feeling well despite the Dramamine although he never got sick.

There was a coffee bar both on the lido next to the pizza and on the 2nd floor. I enjoyed many spiked coffees. You could only get the milkshakes and frapes on the 2nd floor.

My older son and I enjoyed Guys burgers and fries throughout the week. I did try the tacos at the blue iguana, I didn't care for them but I'm not a big taco person. I got my kids the bottomless bubbles and they never had a problem getting a soda.

This was the 1st elegant evening. If you have clothes to be ironed I would suggest doing it early as there was only one iron in the laundry room. There where 2 washers and 4 dryers. You paid using your S&S card, it was $3 a load.

We dressed up and took a bunch of different pictures. Some photographers where good a hiding the kids green muster bands, others where not.

After dinner we went to the pool as they filled it. I think we changed and went back for the late movie.

The next day was much nicer, with a shining sun and calm water. After brunch we went to the Dr Seuss parade at one. I had ordered the younger kids thing 1&2 shirts, my oldest didn't want one. We marched down the the Taj Mahal and acted out Horton Hears a Who. My niece volunteered us to be the kangaroos. After we went to the pool. We made our way to the water slides and kids splash area but after I pulled up a lounger the wanted to head back to the pool.

They had photo ops with the Dr Sessus backgrounds this evening which we did and then changed for dinner. We where unable to do the Dr Sessus breakfast as it was at 8:45 and 9:15 on Saturday and I would be at spin class