Shade options in Coco Cay

JENI4

I have never been to Coco Cay and am looking into options for shade. I am traveling with a group of 11, 4 of which are kids that will be in the sand and water the entire time. We really only need shade for 3 of the older family members. It looks like the loungers and bungalows require we reserve for the total number of people in our party (6 loungers or 2 bungalows) to allow the entire group access to the area. Are there any umbrella rental options? I'd hate to have the entire group pay for shade if only a few need it.

I have never been to Coco Cay and am looking into options for shade. I am traveling with a group of 11, 4 of which are kids that will be in the sand and water the entire time. We really only need shade for 3 of the older family members. It looks like the loungers and bungalows require we reserve for the total number of people in our party (6 loungers or 2 bungalows) to allow the entire group access to the area. Are there any umbrella rental options? I'd hate to have the entire group pay for shade if only a few need it.

They have umbrellas for rent. I'd say get off the ship early to get the best choice of spots.

If you’re splitting the cost with so many people I would say to def get 2 bungalows. We rented a bungalow during our trip last week and it was awesome. You’re on a quiet stretch of the beach, have your own quiet bar, and your lunch gets delivered directly to your hut. Clean and non-busy bathrooms in that spot too. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off pretty early and rented 2 chairs and an umbrella, which also included a swim mat. It was about $25. My chair was 5 steps from the water and shared the same little cove as the expensive bungalo things. Those looked awesome btw. The chairs were first come first serve though.

If you’re splitting the cost with so many people I would say to def get 2 bungalows. We rented a bungalow during our trip last week and it was awesome. You’re on a quiet stretch of the beach, have your own quiet bar, and your lunch gets delivered directly to your hut. Clean and non-busy bathrooms in that spot too. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.

Happy to hear of your recent good experience! We rented a bungalow at CoCo Cay last year and had a great experience also but I have read two very recent reviews warning people off renting bungalows stating that the the shoreline where the bungalows sit was basically mud and that the water was weed-filled. I have a bungalow booked for next week and was trying to decide whether to cancel it in favor of a cabana.

There are tons of loungers and hammocks. very easy to find shade. My favorite spot was next to "Bearfoot Beach?" if I remember the name right. It's the area where you rent the loungers with the shade cover and get a basket of something. No one was there and we grabbed loungers right next to it under a tree.

Happy to hear of your recent good experience! We rented a bungalow at CoCo Cay last year and had a great experience also but I have read two very recent reviews warning people off renting bungalows stating that the the shoreline where the bungalows sit was basically mud and that the water was weed-filled. I have a bungalow booked for next week and was trying to decide whether to cancel it in favor of a cabana.

I certainly didn’t have that experience. The beach was lovely and quiet. Not muddy or seaweedy at all. Lots of wildlife early in the morning too - we saw two large stingrays and even a baby nurse shark!

I get pretty grossed out by buffets, so I was also really happy to have the direct-served lunches to the bungalow. I know this is a non-issue for most people, but I loved it.

That’s the stretch of beach right in front of the bungalows. This pic was taken on 12/26/17.

Gorgeous photo. That is just as I recalled from early last year. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and post the photo - i’m sticking with the bungalow.