boarding times royal princess southampton (check-out hotel at 11h00 am)

Hello, I didn't have my boarding time already in my travel summary (checked almost everyday in the last 2 weeks but didn't show up this information). But in the general information they said 1:ooPM for lido & Marian, 1:45 for Baja &Dolphin, 2h30 for Aloha & Caribe and 3h15 for Emerald ans Riviera...

I'm a solo mother (41y) traveling with my son (6 years old). The check out at the southampton Premier inn west quay hotel is 11:00AM.... I don't see myself with our suitcases and bags going for spending time to go shopping in the Mall next door (carrying our luggage)... with a little boy who didn't like shopping at all (worse with suitcase...)

I want to know if I take a taxi to the port I will arrive around 11h10-11h15AM How long do you think I will wait with my son (the maximum waiting time)? Would they really let us board the ship only around 3h15?

Do you know if I can give our luggage in the ocean cruise terminal to someone and go back in the city to see something with a 6 years old boy that he will like (more than stay sitting in the terminal for 4 hours!!)???

It is my first time in this port... I don't know at all the way to do...

Also it is my second time only with princess: have done the Emerald Princess from Coppenhague 5-6 years ago but I didn't remember how was the boarding?

Someone know what happens if you arrive too early?

Any suggestion for something to do with a kids near the port instead of waiting?

Sorry for my poor english, I'm french canadian (from Quebec) I hope that you will understand my question...

Thank you for your help!

I know nothing about boarding. However, it is always possible to leave your luggage at the hotel after you check out. You can have breakfast, check out, and do something with your son (without luggage). Then when it is time, pick up your luggage and head to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The boarding times are just suggested, don’t stress over it, just go to the port after you check out and are ready! We just did this cruise in June, we arrived around 11:15, checked in and since we are Elite status were the first group to board. There were people already checked in and sitting in the waiting area, assume they were the next groups to board shortly thereafter. You are given a boarding card based on when you arrive, and then in order these numbers are called.

Southampton is a nice comfortable terminal, you drop your luggage with porters, enter, go up an escalator and check in. Just prior to boarding the ship you go through security and metal detection. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know nothing about boarding. However, it is always possible to leave your luggage at the hotel after you check out. You can have breakfast, check out, and do something with your son (without luggage). Then when it is time, pick up your luggage and head to the ship.

I read on trip advisor that this hotel is a ''self checked'' and there is nobody at the reception (no front desk)... I read that this is smooth and easy to check in by ourself and that there is a phone in the entrance to call a taxi but nobody to ask for a safe room to put our luggage.. I really don't know but I think I'm better not count on it.

Thank you for your help

We left last week from Southampton, you can drop bags as early as 10:30 and boarding starts before Noon. The boarding times you have are suggested so you shouldn’t have a problem leaving your hotel at 11 and heading to the cruise terminal.

I use Premier Inn West Quay regularly and check-out is always 12:00. There is a phone in reception where you can page the staff in the morning and we have certainly left our bags on several occasions. There is also a restaurant right by reception where someone is always around or ask the person servicing your room to contact someone who can help. Lots of options.

There's not a great deal to see in Southampton IMO but Ikea is just behind the hotel so he could go to the ball play area while you have a look around and a coffee to kill some time

Don't stress out about the suggested boarding times. They are to try to even out the crowd so everyone doesn't arrive at once. Just show up at the port. They will take your luggage. You can then either wait in the waiting area until its time to board or walk around a bit.

........... but Ikea is just behind the hotel so he could go to the ball play area while you have a look around and a coffee to kill some time

Yep, less than 5 minutes walk from Premier Inn West Quay.

Then about 4 hours to find your way out of the damned place :D

These guys think the same

But good breakfasts, world-famous meatballs, and bottomless coffee. ;)

JB :)