MDR my time dinning /Traditional dinning

Hello everyone, we are a family of 4 new cruisers (except AOTS march 2017 and got hooked!) We are cruising on the Harmoney beginning of March 2018.

On our previous cruise we had traditional MDR dinning at 6:00-6:30 every night at the same table with the same waiters. So yesterday I called RCI to reserve CP 150 and Chops because they where charging me full price for my kids 5-9. After that was cleared up I asked about MDR reservations so we can reserve 6:00 for the other evenings. So she told me she cannot do that you have to reserve online with cruise planner, so I did. I reserved for 5:30 because there is no 6:00 available, and on the reservation it still says my time dinning / waitlist.

My question is, do we still have to wait along with others who don't have a reservation? Or should I go see the Maitre' D upon boarding ?

Any help from the cruise master's would help!

Mike

The theory is that with reservations, you would have to wait less time than those without reservations.

That's my theory also! Just thought some recent HOTS cruisers would be able to chime in, I just find it weird no reservations available at 6-6:30. :confused:

Mike

That's my theory also! Just thought some recent HOTS cruisers would be able to chime in, I just find it weird no reservations available at 6-6:30. :confused:

Mike

It's typical that they block out some pre-cruise reservation times. However, you may find you are able to make those reservations onboard.

I sail May 31 and booked MTD for various times with no problem. I booked the reservations about two weeks ago. I have a party of 5. Maybe that time is full? Still wouldn’t hurt to talk to them or keep trying back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mike

Actually that is normal. If dining room opens at 5:30 then 6 is about the latest they can do reservations and not tie up a table for two shifts. Dining room fills between 6 and 6:30, so anyone starting then will tie up a table until 8:30 (we don't take that long, but they assume two hours to eat). So they block off reservations between 6 and about 7:30. If you are not planning on getting down to the dining room within 15 minutes of your reservation make sure you tell the host/hostess at least the night before so they don't release your reservation. You can do this either coming in or exiting the dining room. If you want to eat with the same waiters each night just tell the host when you leave and they will mark your reservation for the same table each night.

By the way, if you actually were able to make MyTime reservations you are not waitlisted, regardless of what it says on the home page.

We have a group of 20 people going on HOTS next month. My sister just booked, but could not get on the early dining. She had to do mtd. Is there any chance at getting her moved once we board?

Yes, you need to go to the entrance of the dining room (see the deck number on your Seapass card, not your sister's) as soon as you board and try to move her.