Linking a reservation online

gigem_aggies

My sister and her husband are joining us on our impromptu cruise in a few weeks (just booked today). She sent me her booking number and I added her booking to my profile in "my cruise manager". Is that all we need to do to make sure we are linked together so that we are seated together in the MDR?

My sister and her husband are joining us on our impromptu cruise in a few weeks (just booked today). She sent me her booking number and I added her booking to my profile in "my cruise manager". Is that all we need to do to make sure we are linked together so that we are seated together in the MDR?

Call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A related question.

I booked our cruise online. 2 staterooms I booked at the same time. So is mine automatically linked? It shows both when I sign in.

Other than linking them to eat together if you have a set dinner time- is there any other reason why we need to be linked ? We have the same check in time already and your time dining.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I called today. But, I needed a non-existent pin number. So, it didn't really help. :/ I now have to get my sister to call Carnival to set up a pin and then call them back to get our reservation linked.

When a booking is made through a PVP or the Carnival call center the party booking is instructed to choose a PIN # or code word to prevent unauthorized changes made over the phone. The use of PINs has been standard for the last 4 maybe 5 years. Reservations made directly through the computer do not prompt for this, as it is assumed these will be stand alone reservations or the other booking would of been made at the same time, since the system prompts for how any cabins.

When 2 bookings are initiated by the 2 people and the PIN number not shared with each other a conference call must be made including each PVP or someone from general call center. Worst is if one party books through a TA or the 2 parties used different TAs then things can get complicated, even though you are able to view the bookings online.