Booking spa treatments prior to boarding

Good afternoon,

I've booked a spa treatment for myself and my two step-daughters. Does Carnival put anything in the staterooms saying that a spa treatment has been booked? I was planning on putting together my own certificate to give them but if it's already in the room then I won't worry about it.

Thanks, Kari

Good afternoon' date='

I've booked a spa treatment for myself and my two step-daughters. Does Carnival put anything in the staterooms saying that a spa treatment has been booked? I was planning on putting together my own certificate to give them but if it's already in the room then I won't worry about it.

Thanks, Kari[/quote']

Why pre book when they have specials on port days.

I was just coming here to suggest not pre booking. Port days are always good for specials and sometime they run specials on sea days too. The only reason I would pre book is if I had something special going on and would want a specific day. A special in the hair salon on Wednesday doesn't do me any good if I wanted my hair done on Monday for Cruise Elegant night photos.

I pre-book to get what I want when I want it. Also, the on-line prices are similar to port day specials on some items. (They show different prices for port day vs sea day). The treatments I want are not always on sale and the 10-20-30% off helps. If I find that something is cheaper when on board I can cancel and reschedule.

Last month on the Pride I was told that they no longer have packages that combine a massage and a facial. :( I had not booked anything this trip but the spa sent me a 25% off coupon on 1 treatment so I got a facial. They advised that I received the coupon because I attended the spa raffle.

• 2 weeks later...

The simple answer to this is that you get exactly the time slot you want. We prebook all of our couples massages in advance.

Additionall, they give you credit back for whatever specials they offer during those periods. We book a minimum of 3 couples massages in advance to guarantee the time. They always offer 10/20/30 on 3 purchasss, but not in advance. But we've always gotten it when we get on board. Just means less we pay on S&S charges at the end.

Now having said that .. . Some boats we have gotten reminders of our scheduled appts and some we have not. I think it depends on the particular staff.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know the port day prices for a massage? I considered booking in advance so I can get the time I want. I found that booking on the days the specials were offered, the time slots did not fit my needs. TIA

Does anyone know the port day prices for a massage? I considered booking in advance so I can get the time I want. I found that booking on the days the specials were offered, the time slots did not fit my needs. TIA

Not sure who your cruise line is, but IOE you can look up the spa and make reservations on line by date/time. 1st thing in the morning appts are usually a little less and port days (like the middle of the day) when most people are off the ship are the less expensive.

Again IOE we book on a 10/20/30% discount w/ Carnival which gives us that percentage off couples massages regardless of date/time. The only side to that is the 10% is the most expensive massage and so on. Hope this helps.