Holland America Line Personal Cruise Consultant

niceguyneastbay

Love my PCC. Have booked all of my HAL cruise through the same PCC. May be I am lazy it is so easy for me to let them do it all. So far I have not been disappointed, even a few upgrades.

We've had good luck with our PCC. We are somewhat price sensitive. Although we've found seemingly better deals through on-line TAs, those deals came with conditions such as fees and penalties for canceling. Perhaps I haven't looked at enough on-line TAs, but for the meager difference in price, we haven't found that it was worth the risk. So far, we've been pretty happy with the prices we've gotten with our PCC.

On the other hand, our PCC did get us a cabin at the price we wanted on a ship that was on its way to be sold out. Their marketing dept had targeted a batch of rooms for back-to-back cruises. Our PCC broke up one of those rooms so we could get our price for the single segment.

Our PCC has happily made many changes to accommodate my schedule. So I'm thankful I haven't been penalized or taken advantage. Until I find a better deal elsewhere, I'll be using our PCC.

I am very jealous of you folks who have found great deals. All the best to you and happy cruising to us all.

Who uses Holland America Line Personal Cruise Consultants? Do you ever get special perks from them? What is your thought about using HAL folks versus going through sites like Costco who give you the same rate but extra perks like Onboard Credits and dining credits? Your thoughts ?

Used a couple of them years ago. Not impressed. No special anything. No bottle of wine, no OBC, no nothing. So we went to our local TA who did as good a job and we got the usual gifts. We still use her.

The kicker was when we were on a cruise leaving from NYC and were delayed boarding because of the prior cruise Noro condition, all those passengers who used a HAL PA were herded into lines that took over 3 hours to board. Those of us that had used TAs, when pretty much right in. We know this because we van pooled to the dock with another guest who booked directly with HAL and she told us when she got onboard. We got on around 1pm and she didn't get on until after 5pm.

Dan

We do not book directly with HAL. We would rather enjoy the 8-12 percent rebate in the form of OBC's that our on line TA gives to us. And we get very good service from her.

It adds up quickly.

You wonder if cruisers would be as enamored with Personal Cruise Consultants if they went by the more descriptive title of Holland America Sales Person.

This makes sense:

We book with our PCC. Yes, we have had several. The PCC seems to be able to make sure everything is booked correctly. We have done several TA's and only need air on way. We have always gotten an excellent rate via HAL. The PCC doesn't take care of the air. The PCC does help us with room or guarantee, dining time and makes sure all our perks are correct. After I am certain everything is booked to my satisfaction and I have no more issues or questions, I transfer the booking to an online cruise agency and get even more perks. I have had the same agent with my on line agency for several years now. She is very helpful. Seems like the best of both worlds.

We do not use HAL's PCC's.

For starters they do not accept the AMEX Plat shareholders shipboard credit -- we get $300 in shipboard credit, a free Pinnacle dinner and a bottle of sparkling wine from AMEX.

This is just me -- I would not use an online agency. I prefer to deal with a person that I can go and see and talk to personally.

I book our hotels and flights and when needed -- transfers like limos.

It depends on the online agency. We deal with three of them...our booked cruises below are with three different ones. With two of them we have an agent that we've had a relationship with for several years and multiple bookings. We get personal service.

Our current PCC and I have not hit it off. I LOVED our first one and we had a wonderful relationship with him. Guess I was spoiled. Does anyone know a specific person/number to call to get a different one?

• 1 month later...

I just received a letter from HAL notifying me who my Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) is.

Just curious, does anyone know what HAL's criteria is for getting a PCC?

Like some others that posted above I'll continue to use my current travel agent as long as he keeps giving me my usual discount and/or shipboard credits, etc. I just did the Voyage Of The Vikings and the discount that I received was really significant; needless to say, the longer the cruise (or the higher the price) the bigger the discount/OBCs.

You wonder if cruisers would be as enamored with Personal Cruise Consultants if they went by the more descriptive title of Holland America Sales Person.

This makes sense:

With all due respect,,,,,,,

I think most of us understand that. :D

I don't know anyone who thought there was no business involved.

It depends on the online agency. We deal with three of them...our booked cruises below are with three different ones. With two of them we have an agent that we've had a relationship with for several years and multiple bookings. We get personal service.

Our current PCC and I have not hit it off. I LOVED our first one and we had a wonderful relationship with him. Guess I was spoiled. Does anyone know a specific person/number to call to get a different one?

I don't think CC permits us to name our PCC's anymore than we can name our TA's.

• 4 years later...
Can anyone recommend a PCC?

This is an ancient thread. However, read the post immediately above yours. She is correct. There's been (to my knowledge) no Cruise Critic policy change since that post. We may NOT name our PCCs on this board.