Pre - registering - what are the benefits?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:49 AM.
259 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
HI - just wondering if it is worth pre- registering for a cruise in the school holidays 2019. Not really sure what benefits there are to pre booking apart from being to have more choice on choosing a cabin. Are there any financial gains from pre-registering. There is very little onboard credit being offered.

For anyone who has pre-registered before - what do you feel are the benefits?

Thanks
Staffordshire
1,983 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
The only benefit is good but not guaranteed the cabin of your choice unless you give a few options depending on how popular the cruise is. The only real benefit is that the price will not rise initially from stated but if cruise is very popular fluid pricing might kick in and cruise increase after first few days.
Oxfordshire
660 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
We were told by a P&O person on the phone a week ago not to pre-register as you do not get the precise cabin you want. You can book a grade of cabin when pre-registering, but you will be allocated a cabin when the cruises actually become available for booking. The only thing pre-registering seems to give you is a definite cabin at a category you want. In the 16 yrs we've been travelling with P&O we've never done it.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:- Seabourn Goddess II - Aug 2001 Aurora - Oct 2001 Oriana - Nov 2001 Hebridean Spirit - June 2002 Hebridean Spirit - Oct 2002 Seabourn Legend - July 2003 Seabourn Pride - Aug 2003 Adonia (Old one) - July 2004 Hebridean Spirit - Oct 2004 Aurora - Nov 2005 Aurora - Aug 2006 Arcadia - June 2007 QM2 - May 2008 Arcadia - June 2009 Arcadia - Nov 2009 Azura - April 2010 Azura - July 2011 Azura - Aug 2012 Arcadia - Oct 2012 Oceana - July 2013 Adonia - Aug 2013 Arcadia - June 2014 Adonia - Aug 2014 Arcadia - Dec 2014 Arcadia - July 2015 (2 cruises back to back) Britannia - Sept 2015 Aurora - Dec 2015 Oceana - March 2016 Britannia - July 2016
Staffordshire
1,983 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Cruise Puss
We were told by a P&O person on the phone a week ago not to pre-register as you do not get the precise cabin you want. You can book a grade of cabin when pre-registering, but you will be allocated a cabin when the cruises actually become available for booking. The only thing pre-registering seems to give you is a definite cabin at a category you want. In the 16 yrs we've been travelling with P&O we've never done it.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.
You never have had cabin allocated of your choice by booking direct with P&O but if you pre-register with a TA they ask for your cabin preference so if you give then 3 or 4 numbers in order of preference you are usually successful. We have pre- registered with a particular cruise TA for 5 maiden cruises with P&O and every time got first choice of cabin.
United Kingdom
477 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I was going to pre register as I was interested in a single balcony on Britannia. Waited until today, went onto the P and O site and got the exact cabin I wanted with no trouble.
Staffordshire
1,983 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Clodia
I was going to pre register as I was interested in a single balcony on Britannia. Waited until today, went onto the P and O site and got the exact cabin I wanted with no trouble.
Thats rather strange because we have been trying to book a stateroom on Britannia today as Caribbean tier in Peninsular Club and all it comes up with is "this cruise is not available to book yet".
United Kingdom
477 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
That's odd; I'm also Caribbean Tier (well Baltic at the moment but that's not guaranteed to last) and it took me about 4 minutes to complete my booking, with the cabin I had in mind all along.