Jade Upgrade Question

billsklar

I am sailing on the Jade for 11 days starting October 26, 2017. We have booked H2 and I got an offer to bid on the 3 Bedroom GV. I put in an offer but was wondering how this worked. Specifically, if we are in the only H2 on the ship, are we the only ones to get an offer to bid on H1? Has anyone bid on H1 from H3, H4 or other? Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that the the upgrade offer can be made to two upgrades -- so you probably are not the only ones you get the option to bid. I did a mock booking and did not bid because the the lowest bid was the regular rate for the GV for my sailing. Whoever bids the highest gets the room or it is actually at the discretion of NCL because you really don't know how much was bid on the room.

With $$ being a big factor in the offer, do you think it's based on the actual bid price or the total amount being paid for the upgraded room when the original room price is factored in? I would think it would be based on total. For example, If I bit $1,000 to upgrade but someone who got a lesser room than me bid $1,001, I would think I would still get the win. I know I'm overthinking this but I'm enjoying this little obsession while I wait for my cruise to start....

You are definitely not the only one that will be offered to bid. Many people have posted that they have upgraded to the highest Haven suites available from balconies.(no, I don't believe the 2 category rule) It helps that you presently have a cabin that could receive some "high" offers.

I am sailing on the Jade for 11 days starting October 26, 2017. We have booked H2 and I got an offer to bid on the 3 Bedroom GV. I put in an offer but was wondering how this worked. Specifically, if we are in the only H2 on the ship, are we the only ones to get an offer to bid on H1? Has anyone bid on H1 from H3, H4 or other? Thanks in advance!

It's easy to overthink because there are so many variables involved and stories of those that have been successful, or not.

If you really want it, I would put a high bid in. Have you called to see what the price would be to upgrade presently?

With $$ being a big factor in the offer, do you think it's based on the actual bid price or the total amount being paid for the upgraded room when the original room price is factored in? I would think it would be based on total. For example, If I bit $1,000 to upgrade but someone who got a lesser room than me bid $1,001, I would think I would still get the win. I know I'm overthinking this but I'm enjoying this little obsession while I wait for my cruise to start....

First off, there are a couple of long threads with this same question(s).

As to bid... I doubt they care anything about what you already paid. Their goal is to add as much money to each cabin as possible.

If 10 people bid for the same cabin, logic says they will take the highest bid. It has nothing to do with what you already paid. That is history and fixed.

Take this example. And for discussion, assume there is only 1 suite to win a bid and all three bids are coming from equal balcony cabins.

Passenger A) Paid $4,000 for balcony, bid $800 for suite

Passenger B) Paid $4,200 for balcony, bid $700 for suite

Passenger C) Paid $4,500 for balcony, bid $600 for suite

Logic and finance says to take bid A. Why would they take any other?

As to which suites you get to bid on.

I think these are the categories:

Inside

Oceanview

Balcony

Mini Suite

Real Suites

So, you can bid on any of the suites - there are not set as different levels for bidding.

We are on that same sailing, in an SF, and got the offer to bid on the H1 as well as other Haven suites (all of which I think may be sold out to who knows). I did NOT bid on the GV but maybe I will bid on the H2 in case your bid is accepted and your H2 opens up lol!

Since that remaining H1 now appears to be gone...I hope it's because you got it!