Wine allowance for Journey cruises?

13cheermom

Booked our first Journey's cruise next year and wondered since it's a 14-day cruise are you allowed more than the regular 1 bottle per person carry-on amount? Searched online for an answer but couldn't find anything specific.

Nope. The allotment doesn't change based on the length of the cruise :(

Nope. The allotment doesn't change based on the length of the cruise :(

Thanks for the clarification. Figured it wasn't allowed but have heard others who do back-to-back cruises leave the ship and return with another allotment for their 2nd week. I think they should revise this policy, don't you? ;p

Thanks for the clarification. Figured it wasn't allowed but have heard others who do back-to-back cruises leave the ship and return with another allotment for their 2nd week. I think they should revise this policy, don't you? ;p

Would be nice but do not see it happening.

Those, however, are technically 2 separate cruises. I agree that perhaps they should revise the policy, but then someone would complain about how unfair the new policy is as well ;p

For B2Bs, many times security will hold the 2nd bottle per adult till the completion of the first leg of the cruise. In general on a B2B liquor bought in ports is held until the end of the second cruise. So when a B2B passenger goes to pick-up (or if on a week or longer cruise have delivered) any liquor turned over during the first half of their trip, all they will get is their 2nd bottle from the original embarkation day.

And yes they should revise the policy since they stared with select longer Journey cruises.

Well, just saying if you are allowed 1 bottle for a 3,4,5,7,8,& 10 day cruise, then maybe a 14-day cruise should be allowed a lil extra. :p Seriously, maybe the policy should reflect the number of days sailing versus just one certain allotment for all cruise lengths. :confused: