smart phone app

no idea about an app but if you can browse the internet and can get to carnival's site you can login and download your boarding pass (and the rest of you cruise documents) to your phone. The docs come in as PDF docs so you need a PDF reader for your phone. Which would be an app but not specific to carnival - PDF is is a common document file format.

Then you'd need the ability to print from your phone (which is kind of a PITA if you don't already have it set up) - usually access to a network printer and the printer's app for printing on your network.

Unless you're saying Carnival now has something new and they will accept your boarding pass on your phone - probably with a QR code or something - that's doable for sure but, again, not really a carnival specific app thing. I get almost all my movie tickets via phone and the ticket booth people just scan the code right out of my email to print our tickets.

Last couple of cruises we took, the day before the cruise departure, I received an email saying I could display my boarding pass from the email on my phone. I never looked further how it all worked as each time we had already traveled to the port city and had boarding passes already printed. There were a few discussions on here about it last year.

Edited by bar1068

Last couple of cruises we took, the day before the cruise departure, I received an email saying I could display my boarding pass from the email on my phone. I never looked further how it all worked as each time we had already traveled to the port city and had boarding passes already printed. There were a few discussions on here about it last year.

sound to hard for a old timer! still use paper then! Thanks

I am a tech geek and have all my airline boarding passes on my phone. We never saw an option on our January Magic cruise to download boarding passes.

Just for grins I went to see if I could do it on my phone but then I remembered my cruise hasn't been paid in full yet. It let me download my cruise information and the check boxes were there for boarding pass and luggage tags so I assume I can download my boarding pass just the same when I get it paid.

I haven't yet seen anywhere that says I can get that info in an email from Carnival to show to the check-in people but I figure the PDF is just the same.

I am a tech geek and have all my airline boarding passes on my phone. We never saw an option on our January Magic cruise to download boarding passes.

I have used the Boarding Pass on my iPhone / iPad to board -- don't complicate this. If you truly are a tech geek you should find this pretty darn easy to do.

I guess I never looked for it. When booking AA, it specifically says download your boarding pass here. I have wallet and pay electronically for many things. I'll take a look now and see how it guides you to e-boarding pass

Here you go, I find it somewhat vague, but obviously it is doable. I'll have to wait for our next cruise. I hate carrying around folders full of paper

"If Online Check-In is already completed, you may click on 'Print Documents' found in the 'To Do List Box' on the My Cruise Manager page.

On embarkation day, a boarding pass will be emailed to your email address that is linked to your reservation profile, whether Check-In has been completed or not. At embarkation, you may show your printed boarding pass or the boarding pass on your mobile phone."