Can you add perks (Go Better or Go Best) after final payment?

mimijes

My husband and I are on a May Alaskan cruise. Final payment has already been made.

We currently have no perks. I’d like to add 2 or even 4 perks (Go Better or Go Best).

Has anyone done this?

Does anyone know if this is allowed?

Yes, for North American bookings you would pay the difference between what you paid and the current rate for your room with the number of perks you'd like. If you used a TA, they'd have to contact Celebrity for you, otherwise you can call Celebrity and do it yourself.

If prices have dropped and the new rate with the perks you want is lower than what you paid, you are out of luck. Celebrity isn't going to take less money for more benefits after final payment.

If prices have dropped and the new rate with the perks you want is lower than what you paid, you are out of luck. Celebrity isn't going to take less money for more benefits after final payment.

In that case look for a room category with perks which would be more than what you originally paid. It might make sense to upgrade this way. It might be possible to get perks plus an upgrade room for what it would have cost you to just add perks.

However you might be able to have the perks added at no additional cost to you if that occurs. On my last cruise I had booked a Sky Suite at a resident rate with no perks. After final payment the price of the non-resident rate (that included all four perks) dropped to what I had paid. I was able to "upgrade" my reservation to the non-resident rate and have the four perks added on without having to pay anything.

Thanks to those who replied. I just spoke to my Celebrity agent.

He told me that the package perks are not available as an add on after final payment. We can purchase each individually now, or wait until we are onboard. I have read on another thread that sometimes discounts on the beverage package or an internet package are offered onboard.

He did say if we upgrade from our Aqua cabin to a suite, the perks may be included, or available to purchase as a package.

I’ll look for a good deal on a Sky Suite, or a Suite guarantee as the cruise date gets closer, but it would have to be a really good deal!

Thanks again for the replies!

Thanks to those who replied. I just spoke to my Celebrity agent.

He told me that the package perks are not available as an add on after final payment. We can purchase each individually now, or wait until we are onboard.

This is simply not true; on my last cruise I added the perks after final payment. If at any time after final payment you see your stateroom category available with perks for a price you are willing to pay, call Celebrity and request to upgrade your reservation to include the perks. You do not have to contact the specific person you booked the cruise through; so long as your reservation is held by Celebrity (and not a travel agent) any Celebrity agent can assist you. Sounds like the one you spoke to either did not understand what you were inquiring about or provided you with erroneous information.

If they are currently booked on a Resident, Senior or Loyalty discount fare, or a eXciting deal promo, then you cannot add the extra perks at the bundled price increase as those fares are not combineable with the Big/Better/Best pricing/perks. They would have to be re-fared under prevailing Big/Better/Best fares, which may not be possible if the price has dropped below what they paid or if the category is sold out.

We were unable to change perk classes after final payment

We booked under go best with a virandah stateroom

After final payment celebrity change their promotion to go better as the base fare and we wanted to upgrade to an aquaclass room at the go better rate

They told us that we couldn’t change fares like that post final payment. I think it’s because it was a promotion. We could have paid the difference to upgrade to aqua class but would have stayed under go big with 1 perk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums