Who Are The New "Legends" In The Carnival Legends Show?

Sailor's Soul

I've searched around but can't seem to find who the new legends are. My wife and I were part of the show on our last cruise and we wanted to get a little heads-up on which parts are available this time.

It was still the same cast as always on the 15 day to Hawaii.

When we were on the Conquest on our last cruise, the dancers told us we were one of the last groups to perform that version of the Legends Show. They were already practicing the new show but they didn't know all of the new entertainers yet. They knew that Michael Jackson was going to be one of the new ones and that Ricky Martin and Gloria Estefan were going away and Madonna was getting a new song.

OK, definitely a test of memory. :o

Cher, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Frank Sinatra, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis and Gloria Gaynor.

I think that was everyone. A little fuzzy on whether or not Gloria Gaynor was one.

OK, definitely a test of memory. :o

Cher, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Frank Sinatra, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis and Gloria Gaynor.

I think that was everyone. A little fuzzy on whether or not Gloria Gaynor was one.

Yes, I believe all of those performed, as well as Michael Jackson. I remember he definitely did because he was really good. But there was no Madonna. One of our favorites was Beyonce and her two "single ladies". I thought the show was good, entertaining and funny .... :)

• 1 month later...

Sailed on the Conquest in May of 2012 and they had the same old show. Went on the Elation in February of 2012 and it was the new show: Tina Turner,Cher,Neil Diamond,Garth Brooks,Gloria Gaynor,Shania Twain,Bruce Springsteen,Michael Jackson,Elvis and Sinatra. They also had a new editionto the show called 'dancing with the cast' where passengers auditioned for the dances. They should scratch Gaynor and have Whitney Houston instead. Which legend do you usually perform? I did Sinatra twice and Neil Diamond once.

There must be different shows for different ships. Perhaps the karaoke host matches the legends with the singer he/she chooses based upon the available talent on that particular cruise ?

On the Miracle 5/30/12 - 6/7/12 the legends were:

Madonna

Britney

Gloria Estefan

Ricky Martin

Garth Brooks

Frank Sinatra

Elvis... BTW controversy for this one The passenger who played Elvis was a dancer from another Carnival ship. He was on the Miracle having a week long " conjugal visit' with his loved one. Some felt this was unfair as he had an inside edge. My opinion who cares :eek: he was awful and got the lyrics wrong.

Also the karaoke host and another social host did Sonny and Cher very cute both were guys. They did drag the CD, Henney something or other, out dressed in bad drag for something but I can't for he life of me remember what .

Edited by mamaskittles
forgot an act

There must be different shows for different ships. Perhaps the karaoke host matches the legends with the singer he/she chooses based upon the available talent on that particular cruise ?

On the Miracle 5/30/12 - 6/7/12 the legends were:

Madonna

Britney

Gloria Estefan

Ricky Martin

Garth Brooks

Frank Sinatra

Elvis... BTW controversy for this one The passenger who played Elvis was a dancer from another Carnival ship. He was on the Miracle having a week long " conjugal visit' with his loved one. Some felt this was unfair as he had an inside edge. My opinion who cares :eek: he was awful and got the lyrics wrong.

Also the karaoke host and another social host did Sonny and Cher very cute both were guys. They did drag the CD, Henney something or other, out dressed in bad drag for something but I can't for he life of me remember what .

May 26th Liberty still had the "old" show. I did Garth Brooks.

In our show, the CD was dragged onto stage dressed as "Dolly Parton" just like the last N times we have seen the show. Everytime, though, it's still a pretty good show.

Don't sit on the sidelines, get in there and sing!

GP

May 26th Liberty still had the "old" show. I did Garth Brooks.

In our show, the CD was dragged onto stage dressed as "Dolly Parton" just like the last N times we have seen the show. Everytime, though, it's still a pretty good show.

Don't sit on the sidelines, get in there and sing!

GP

Well you know not *everyone* can perform or there wouldn't be a show. Hehehe :D

I was Madonna about 4 years ago. It was sooooooooooo much fun but it kind of stressed me out. They didn't give me the lyrics or anything like that. It's a good thing I have a musical background and was able to figure out how to sing it etc. I'm hoping that there isn't any one I want to audition for, because I want to enjoy the cruise and not be stressed out about the performance. :eek:

I am thinking that currently, only the Elation, Magic and Breeze have the new show.

We were just on the Elation 2 weeks ago and the new show rocks.

Let me see IF I can remember them all.

Cher If I Could Turn Back Time

Tina Turner What's Love Got To Do With It

Michael Jackson Billie Jean

Elvis (same song as the old show)

Frank Sinatra (same song as the old show)

Garth Brooks (same song as the old show)

Elton John (same song as the old show)

James Brown (same song as the old show)

Bruce Springstein Born in the USA

Shania Twain Man, I Feel Like A Woman

I am thinking that currently, only the Elation, Magic and Breeze have the new show.

We were just on the Elation 2 weeks ago and the new show rocks.

Let me see IF I can remember them all.

Cher If I Could Turn Back Time

Tina Turner What's Love Got To Do With It

Michael Jackson Billie Jean

Elvis (same song as the old show)

Frank Sinatra (same song as the old show)

Garth Brooks (same song as the old show)

Elton John (same song as the old show)

James Brown (same song as the old show)

Bruce Springstein Born in the USA

Shania Twain Man, I Feel Like A Woman

What ? ? ? No Mitzi Gaynor "I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair".:D

Saw her on a PBS Special . . . older for sure, but still a damn knockout. (giving away my age now):rolleyes:

What is the minimum age to sing in the show? I have a teenage that wants to audition for Cher...

They must be 18 years of age....(for liability reasons, since they are backstage)

They so need to update the show. Understand a limitation due to costs of the costumes but why the same song by the same legends for so long.

For example Frank Sinatra did how many other songs?

This new updated show is going Fleetwide....but the Sinatra song at the end stayed the same.

Yes he did many songs...but this is a classic that truly represents who he was.

This new updated show is going Fleetwide....but the Sinatra song at the end stayed the same.

Yes he did many songs...but this is a classic that truly represents who he was.

I hear you and understand why many like this but when they do the same legends doing the same songs on every ship does get old after awhile.

I hear you and understand why many like this but when they do the same legends doing the same songs on every ship does get old after awhile.

Yes, I agree....

while I understand why they went with the Legend Show...I miss the Talent Show...

Yes, I agree....

while I understand why they went with the Legend Show...I miss the Talent Show...

the one that bothers me is when they moved the love and marriage show to an evening when they give the piano bar guy a day off and no comedy club that night.

Makes for a boring evening.