Pride March 19th-31st TransA.-Crossing

Martita B.

Sailor's,

I have a'round 40 confirmed guests on my list, and a'round 10 that I'm not certain will join us on March 19th. I'm waiting to hear from them. Hope all will join us!

Please post any/all of your ideas and suggestions, as to the Crossing.

Anyone have a March birthday?? In the past we've celebrated all the March birthday "babies": Sir Captain Dr. Toenis T. Soerensen, (we'll just toast to him) JB, AW, EB, DM and Martita B. Add your name to the list, if born in March.

What fun we shall have! Hopefully King Neptune will be kind to us and we'll have warm days and smooth seas.

Martita

Hi Martita -

We're coming - along with 4 other Seabourn newbies!

So that's: Dee & John, Barbara & Elvin, and Carol & Jim.

We are all looking forward to this crossing, to discovering Seabourn, and to meeting all you experienced Seabornites!

Any and all suggestions or hints will be appreciated! For example - is it 3 formal nights on this cruise? And about the internet...we understand there is wireless in all the cabins. Do you know what it costs?

You had talked about an auction to benefit the crew. Is that still on the agenda?

Cheers!

Dee

PS Unfortunately, no bithdays between the 6 of us!

Dee,

So happy the six of you will be aboard the Pride for the Crossing!

Welcome~~~~You will throughly enjoy the voyage.

As to formal evenings, I am guessing 4.......sometimes 'they' will surprise us with an additional dress-up evening.

As to the internet service I can not comment. I simply don't use it while aboard. But there are many experts on our CC board that will be happy to answer all your questions.

As to our grrreat idea of an "auction" to benefit the Crew, we've decided against this event, but will have our "Easter Parade Hat/Bonnet" contest for those wishing to participate. Everyone will simply bring their hats and the millinery goods they will need to decorate their hats or bring their hats ready to wear. "Themed hats" are encouraged~~~~I know of a few already~~~hilarious!

I will be speaking to Captain Rikard as to a FAB prize! Stay tuned!

As time goes by, we'll all be thinking of other fun activities for the twelve magical days and nights!

All of you will love "The Crosser's!" Some of us have Crossed 6 years straight together~~~~

Please feel free to ask any questions as we'll all happy to help

in any way.

Happy sailing

Martita B.

Any and all suggestions or hints will be appreciated! For example - is it 3 formal nights on this cruise? And about the internet...we understand there is wireless in all the cabins. Do you know what it costs?

PS Unfortunately, no bithdays between the 6 of us!

Hi Dee,

Looking forward to meeting you and your traveling party. About 2 weeks ago, I received my preliminary cruise documentation booklet and it said thee would be 3 formal night during our crossing. However, I agree with Pinkie that it does not hurt to plan for a surprise additional formal evening. Subject to the luggage restrictions of your airlines.

If you want to use the internet, you will have to purchase a package. You do all of this at the computer in the computer center as you have to swipe your ID card to set up your acount and select the package and amenities (use of Microsoft Office at an additional charge). This package can be used for the computers in the computer center, your Wi-Fi equipped laptop or both. I do not know what happens if you are using your wireless equpped laptop in your suite while DH is simultaneously surfing The Wall Street Journal with a computer in the computer center (probably are charged double but do not know for sure). The rates are in US$ for the hours of service provided. ½ hour - $13.50, 1 – $24.95, 2 – $47.95, 4 – $89.95, 8 – $167.95, 16 – $287.95, 32 – $479.95. These were the rates when I was onboard last November and have been at this level for a couple of years. Do not know what the 2007 internet usage rates will be.

During the last several November Legend crossings, internet access was available at least 90% of the time (sometimes satelite conditions are such where there is no internet). There have been posts in other threads that Wi-Fi was not available or spotty in some cabins. If your suite is located between the forward and aft companionways, you should be allright. Being at the extreeme ends of the ship may be a problem. Last November, passengers were also logged on at the Sky Bar and the forward lounge directly above the Bridge.

If you want to keep in touch, do bring your laptop. Welcome Aboard!

Crossing Sailor's,

A tip: as some days it can be cool, bring a warm jacket to wear in the Sky Bar. I usually pack a warm "jogging suit"~~even though I don't jog.;) Also, the dining room is cool......so ladies, you may consider bringing wraps, pashminas, shawls, etc.

For the adventurer; pirate pajamas or facsimile clothing :confused: (don't ask as I'm not involved in this activity:eek: ) I am only organizing our

1st Annual Prideful "Easter Hat Parade" and contest for those interested.

Our Master and Captain will be Rikard Lorentzen~~~~a grrrreat fellow! We sailed with Captain Rikard last Sept. & Oct. on the Pride Crossing. He's Norwegian, married to a cute Irish gal, has two small children, a son and a daughter.They live close to Belfast......Capt.'n has a hearty laugh and definitely "twinking eyes!" He, formally, was a Seabourn Spirit Captain. Extremely capable, but "fun" should be in his profile.

Buy a pkg. of WalMart doorstops, for those closets that will slam shut, while you're in the closet!!:eek: Who likes to feel they're in 'Carlsbad Caverns on the ocean?' Give one to your neighbor.

Bring a few colorful balloons, ladies......(after rinsing out, dry your underpinnings in your own bathroom)

Just a few tips and hints, as when we sail away from Ft. Laud, there will be few places to stop and shop!:cool:

Have a great day!

MB

Matt,

Yes, Captain Geir-Arne will go on his vacation in Feb.....in South America.....anyhoo, thats what I understand.

Captain Lorentzen will be your Captain March 31st to April 10th.

MB

Sorry for the double post!

My computer is actin' up!

Hi Martita and all,

We're going to celebrate Richard's birthday a month early. His birthday is actually in late April, but we'll be back at work here in DC when the date rolls around so we decided to break out the party hats and all while we're aboard the Pride.

Speaking of Pirate Pajamas...just where does one find them in adult sizes?

Looking forward to meeting all of our fellow crossers and anticipate having a great time!

Perry

Perry,

If you would like to "host" a birthday table in the dining room, just talk to the Matire'D as to the date and the number of guests (tables for 10 are very comfortable and fun).....then take your party favors, etc., etc. (plus place cards if you'd like) to him and have your birthday party in the restaurant some evening. Also, order a birthday cake for Richard. The pastry Chef makes wonderful celebration cakes!:p If you need help organizing a party, "holler at me."

As to Pirate P.J.'s.....just go to a Party Shop and purchase your pirate head bandanas and eyepatchs and wear your big white robes! You might even come across some pirate house slippers.:confused:

On the Crossing's there are many fun, very imaginative Sailor's.....

The Cruise Director's provide many activities, but we guests also have a few surprise "events!" All in good taste, of course......

Never a dull moment on a Seabourn Crossing~~~~some folks think 12 sea days would be bland and boring~~~NOT the case!

Happy Trails and Sails

Martita

Matt,

Not sure as to the Cruise Director. I know Ursula will be our Ex. Housekeeper. Lulu disembarks on March 19th, so we'll probably enjoy Marcel or Mr. G. in the dining room. Nelson may be aboard, he told me last week.

Have a great day!

MB

Matt,

Yes, "William" (Mr. G) is Guillaume.....or it could be Karl from the Spirit. Whether it be William, Marcel or Karl.......they are all excellent.

I just recounted the Crossing Guests list and it's 47:p ~~~with a few that I've not heard from~~~~maybe we'll hear from them before too long. Should be a fun Sail-a-bration!

MB

Dear Martita -

Thanks for the warm welcome and the hints. All have been noted! Barbara and I are actually experienced Easter bonnet creators! We were sailing with a group of 9 some years ago on Renaissance and the ship had planned NOTHING for Easter! So, we made our own fun with an Easter luncheon and parade....with all of the women in lovely Easter hats! We also had our own private "formal nights" since every night was casual on Ren.

How interesting that the Capt lives close to Belfast! That's where we will be flying after spending a couple of days in Lisbon after the cruise. We'll be going to Belfast, Glasgow, London, and Somerset. The only concern is that horrid baggage allowance on flights within Europe! We'll probably mail a package home from Lisbon.

Paul - thank you for the info on the internet. We are booked in one of the very forward cabins so I guess wireless connectivity could be a problem. Sounds like it won't be hard to be connected elsewhere, though. Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Cheers!

Dee

Dee,

As to your Easter bonnet expertise, you may be "called upon" to help other Sailor's fashion their hats.......OH, and if you happen to have extra ribbons, flowers, millanery goods layin a'round the house, please bring them. I'm bringing a small glue gun, pins, school-glue, scissors, etc., etc.~~~also, silk flowers and other hat goodies. I think we would all enjoy makin' and fashioning our chapeau's and colorful straws while cruisin' across the Atlantic.

I will bring an "Easter" modeling CD too. We definitely need music!

Look forward to 12 magical days and nights......I've always said, "a

Seabourn Crossing will change your life~~~~":p

Anyone have suggestions or ideas??? Please post them!

Martita B.

Sailor's,

I have compiled this list of Pride March 19th crosser's. If I have overlooked anyone, my apologies and regrets, in advance. Just please add your initials to the list.

JB, AW, MBT&DT, DL&JR, MB&LB, H&A, M&R, D&J, B&E, C&J, PEACHY, CM&DM, N&HUBBY, BP&JG, P&R, B&PARTNER, B&HUBBY, S&HUBBY, 2SEAGO& SIS, 4 J's and MBH,

I am waiting to hear from these: JF&IR, EB, AB&RB, MK&JK,

BR&HR, IM&DM, JK&BM

As we get closer to March 19th, I'll update the list.

HAPPY TRAILS AND SAILS TO YOU!:p

Martita B.

If you have Euros lyin' a'round the house, you might bring them on the March Crossing. We'll call on Sao' Miguel, Ponta Delgada on Wed., March 28th and it's handy to have Euros when we arrive. Yes,

the Pursers have Euros at the "Welcoming Desk."

And we arrive in Lisboa on Sat. April 31st......sometimes it's difficult to find $$$ changers on Saturday's.:confused:

MB

Happy Sunday morning, Martita!

Good idea re the Euros!

Thanks for being the "keeper of the list." I hope we will have a CC gathering soon after we board? I know I'm looking forward to meeting you and the others who post on here.

We are off to Tahiti Tuesday on the Tahitian Princess for 20 days. Since Princess's free internet perk is still in effect (it will be curtailed April 1 to the displeasure if many) I will be able to watch these boards.

Can't wait to feel that tropical warmth! :)

Cheers,

Dee

Dee,

On March 19th, Pride Sail-a-bration, in Ft. Laud, I'm sure the Sky Bar will look akin to "Filene's wedding gown annual sale!":p

Once again I'll be UPSing box's to the hotel in Ft. Laud and will be boarding with the "cardboards-duck tape handles"~~~hopefully won't frighten the Seabourn newbies:confused: .........they never guess I am carrying "precious cargo!":D

I'm sure we'll all meet the first few days on the Atlantic~~~

Have a grrreat cruise and enjoy the sunshine! (West Texas is

iced over.....yes, even Dallas, Austin and San Antonio--temps in the teens~~~UGH!~)

Martita B.

Hello Martita: In past Europe visits (now, a few years back), we found the easiest way to handle the cash conversion issue was just to make an ATM withdrawal. Any reason why this won't work in Lisboa (or on the Azores)?

And I guess you need to add my initials (along with spouse) to that list of yours! Just two months and two days away..........:)

Sally,

ATM's will work fine~~~~

I included you and hubby on the list as: "s&hubby" sooo we're all set. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to add others to our Crossing list.

Most of Texas is under snow and ice......I've never seen such snow in West Texas....Interstate 10 has been closed for 2 days......over 200 miles. More snow is in our forecast! Talk about "global warming???"

Martita B

I joined the Spirit 15 months ago when the ship had been attacked by REAL pirates off the coast of Africa. I am wondering how much of a joke it will be if you dress as pirates for the Atlantic crossing. Certainly the Officers and crew who went through the ordeal on the Spirit, let alone the passengers, may think the idea is in very bad taste.

Archived