Pride March 19th-31st TransA.-Crossing

Martita B.

Mrs Crab,

I appreciate your comments.

Of course, we certainly would never think of being disrespectful.

This event is not a Pride function, but merely a private Pajama party hosted by a ship Guest. We've been enjoying our "themed" morning socials for several years~~~~each Crossing, a different theme. Last March we reveled and enjoyed a pink "Cornation" ~~~crowning our dear friend, "Mrs. A."

Next March, who knows??? perhaps a circus, a masquerade or a King Neptune P.J. social~~~~

Our 12 day Pride Crossing's wouldn't be complete without the "hosted" morning Champagne/Caviar gathering.

Happy Sailing

Martita B.

I do not understand how everything must be "PC" (of course according to each individual's interpretation of what is correct) or it is disrespectful.

Let's ban the movies "Pirates of the Caribbean". "Mutiny on the Bounty", "Treasure Island"...or how about all rum drinks....or Halloween...or parrots? Maybe we should change the title from sommelier to wine taster because it sounds too similar to Somalia?

I am fairly confident the officers, crew, staff and guests on the Spirit - past, present and future - have laughed since then and will laugh again. Some of them might actually have been on the Legend and/or Pride...and I don't think they believe their enjoyment must be different because a single ship and a single incident at one time in the past. To insist anyone censor their good times for a silly little party is, IMHO, disrespectful.

Sailor's,

We're all familiar with the "world famous" Pirates Ball on the Queen Mary2~~~also their Royal Ascot Ball and the Commadore's, "meet the Captain's" Black and White ball. These themed evenings have always been popular with the Cunard "set"~~~~as our themed events and parties have been on Seabourn (and we were a part of Cunard in years past)

Most of we Seabourn-ites look forward to these special Crossing "costume affairs"~~~~and some of us plan in great anticipation months in advance our finery and regalia~~~~i.e.: "A Royal Affair"

(the knighting of Captain Dr. Toenis T. Soerensen)

Happy Weekend!:p

Martita B.

>"Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to add others to our Crossing list.'

Just heard from my good friends, Aaanthony and Fran and they are joining the CC group on the Pride crossing. BTW, Aaanthony is a terrific Trivia player and a great asset to any team.

EC Jane; Packing some last minute thngs for the Legend.

Sailor's,

Anyone staying in Lisboa after the Crossing? As I decided not to continue on to Rome, J.B. and I will tour Portugal for a few days.

Those wanting to meet us at the Belem Pier on March 31st at 5 p.m. please feel free to do so.

It's quite easy to manage in a Taxi (or a driver) In the past J.B. and I have waved my Seabourn flag to the Pride for their proper Tagus River send off.......it's alot of fun as all the Officer's, Crew and Guests are leaning over the rails snapping pictures and waving. Captain Toenis T. plays a 'lit "tune" to us on the Pride horn......I'm sure Captain Rikard will, as well.

Truly a most unforgetable occassion!:D

Jane, where has Anthony been? He's not posted on our board for ages!

Martita B.

it's alot of fun as all the Officer's, Crew and Guests are leaning over the rails snapping pictures and waving.

Martha, I'll be there waving at you. Be sure to make it special this year as the Lisboa - Roma cruise is the first annual President's Cruise! :)

Matt,

Oh I shall be on the Belem Pier waving "adios" to my good friend, Miss Pam, for sure! She's a true dee-light! You will certainly enjoy her......I hope her husband, Ray, will be joining her.

Year before last, J.B. and I were discussing just what Captain Toenis T. would play for us on his horn........well, it was: "Shave and a haircut, two bits..... whadda 'ya chew on....toothpicks.......dee dum, dee dum!"

Waving the Seabourn flag as the Pride departs Lisboa is quite a moving experience!;)

Martita B

What! You're off again?

Good idea re the Euros!

Thanks for being the "keeper of the list." I hope we will have a CC gathering soon after we board? I know I'm looking forward to meeting you and the others who post on here.

We are off to Tahiti Tuesday on the Tahitian Princess for 20 days. Since Princess's free internet perk is still in effect (it will be curtailed April 1 to the displeasure if many) I will be able to watch these boards.

Can't wait to feel that tropical warmth! :)

Cheers,

Dee

Sailor's,

We're all familiar with the "world famous" Pirates Ball on the Queen Mary2~~~also their Royal Ascot Ball and the Commadore's, "meet the Captain's" Black and White ball. These themed evenings have always been popular with the Cunard "set"~~~~as our themed events and parties have been on Seabourn (and we were a part of Cunard in years past)

Most of we Seabourn-ites look forward to these special Crossing "costume affairs"~~~~and some of us plan in great anticipation months in advance our finery and regalia~~~~i.e.: "A Royal Affair"

(the knighting of Captain Dr. Toenis T. Soerensen)

Happy Weekend!:p

Martita B.

Martita, I just received the info for an 8 day cruise I am taking on the QM2 in Princess Grill. There are 3 Balls (Black and White, Buccaneer and Masquerade.

Now I know you aren't the cruise director, but an actual paying guest...and you are there for your own, personal, good time, but I must say for any one thinkin' your little affairs are too much, I am exhausted just thinking about how one is expected to enjoy 3 Balls plus an additional formal night (2 Balls are also on formal nights) on an 8 day cruise.

Enjoy your self...and the planning. One great "little affair" is just a whole lot of fun IMO...and I will be a Buccaneer on board in Spirit, um I mean Pride!:D

Mr. Boatman,

Congratulations on your upcoming QM2 voyage! I know the ship's events will be too much fun;) ~~~~if you need help in planning your onboard costumes I am available~~~and FREE, too! It's hard these days to find a good and FREE wardrode consultant, so please feel free to take advantage of my experienced Seabourn/Cunard ship costume consultation.

I will await your "post."

Best Regards,

Martita B.

West Texas Personal Shoppers, Inc.

I read that book a few years ago. If everyone led Jimmy B's life there would be a whole lot more pirates out there!

Saw him at a concert a few months back. He was wearing what must have been a $300 T-shirt and a $200 pair of shorts, but his feet were bare, his skin was tanned...and Madison Square Garden was sold out. He can sell the dream!

And all I want is a lousy parrot and a Margarita!

Martita

Chris and Jeannie Turner from oxford and Ian and Denise Muir from Cookham England will be on board .Enjoyed the crossing last year and looking forward to this year, we are told we will be taking the more southerly route. it was a bit breezy last year !!

Chris,

Yes, we'll all "gearin' up" for a smooth and warm Southern Cross this March~~~we will enjoy many regular Crosser's this year, too!

See 'ya at the Sky Bar for the festive Sail-a-bration;)

We're still suffering bitter cold here in West Texas~~~yesterday morning it even hailed!!! Very unusual in Feb. for this time of the year!

Martita

hi all this is to be our first seabourn cruise we have been on the silver wind from silversea transatlantic and the raddisson seven seas navaigator transpacific we loved raddisson hated silversea on silversea the passangeres were snobs they did not want to dine with us. we are staying at the atlantic hotel in fourt lauderdale 2 nights pre cruise and the lapa palace in lisbon 2 nights post cruise looking forward to meating all cruise critics on board the pride transatlantic march 19 2007 i can't waite for our cruise documents i think i am going to burst seabourn seys next week for documents anybody allready gotten there documents sorry about my spelling thanks from lorneross

Hello all!

We just returned from our Princess cruise to Tahiti. It's pretty hard to come home to rain and gray skies after our wonderful warm weather in the Tropics. But...now we have the Pride crossing to prepare for!

Greetings to lorneross, Chris, Jeannie, Ian and Denise! We look forward to meeting all of you. (Ian and Denise - we love Cookham - how lucky you are to live there!)

Martita - are things any warmer for you now??? And I have another question for you...should we bother to bring our bathing suits? Do people use the pool on the crossing? Is it heated?

Cheers!

Dee

Dee

You might want to bring your bathing suit if you plan to enjoy the jacuzzi~~~Captain Rikard will probably ask his "Pool Boy's" to drain the pool~~~even thought we'll be on the Southern Route, we'll have some sea~~~:confused:

Let's hope for sunny, warm days on the Atlantic!

Martita B.

Archived