Pride March 19th-31st TransA.-Crossing

Martita B.

lorneross,

Welcome to Seabourn!

You will be impressed with your shipmates~~~most on the Pride's Transatlantic Crossing sailor's are seasoned, sophisticated, well dressed and intelligent sailors. Many of us have been Crossing together for the past few years enjoying wonderful and magical, lazy sea days!

We'll all keep our fingers crossed as to smooth seas and blue skies above! Hopefully King Neptune will be kind to us~~~:D

Martita B.

thank you martita our documents came early got them yesterday from my travel agent have you gotten yours also we are in the owner's suite number 4 with the forward varanda martita do you think it will be very windy. thanks again from lorneross

lorneross,

As to being "windy"~~~this depends on the weather. Usually we have a few rain showers early in the morning, but by 11 a.m. it's sunny and beautiful on deck. Be sure and bring a jacket to wear up at the Sky Bar. Also, the Dining room is cool, so you may want to pack a few wraps. Occasionally we stroll up to the Sky Bar in the evenings if weather permits~~~~men enjoy their cigar's and cognac~~~we discuss "the day's happening's!"

The Crossing is truly a magical voyage~~lots to do or "nothin' to do!" If this is your 1st Seabourn sailing I have GOOD NEWS! "Once Seabourn, always Seabourn!" Please be prepared for royal pampering and being spoiled rotten~~~~

Feel free to ask any and all questions~~~!

Again, "welcome to our Seabourn family!":p

Martita B.

Dee,

Of course, the bartender's will make your friend any/all types of non-alcoholic cocktails. Will not be a problem, at all!

Dee, please mention to your friends, if they would enjoy making/fashioning an Easter hat for the "1st Annual Atlantic Easter Bonnet Parade and Contest" to pack a hat~~~they can bring their decorations and simply fashion their chapeau's aboard. The "Parade and Contest" will be alot of fun~~~and all I'm sayin' about the 1st Place winner prize is: Shazammm ! (Captain Rikard Lorentzen will be involved and will present the award)

All Crossing Guests are invited (and urged) to participate in this fun and phooey event!

See 'ya at the "Sail-a-bration"--Sky Bar-- on March 19th!

Happy Trails and Sails

Martita B.

There has been a sea quake (is that an existing word?) south west of Portugal this morning. No tsunami but movement and vibration was felt in Portugal and the South of Spain.

But don´t worry, ships are not in trouble when it should happen again!

5 more weeks to go from today - I can´t wait!

Sailor's,

Anyone else using Seabourn's Valet Luggage Service from Lisbon on March 31st?

J.B. and I will be staying in Lisboa a few days after disembarking and we plan to use only our carry on and will "travel light!" (mix and match~~with a few scarves! Hope it works!)

Happy Valentine!:p

Pinkie

Anyone else using Seabourn's Valet Luggage Service from Lisbon on March 31st?

Pinkie,

Count me in! I have been following BA's website very closely lately after they changed my flight out of LIS from 11:40 to 10:55 am on March 31. I can now check in and print out boarding passes for my two BA flights home up to 24 hours in advance. If the internet is down on the ship, I can go directly to the "no baggage boarding pass only" kiosk at the airport and get my boarding pass thre. Now I can make a beeline from the ship to the security line at the airport with only my boarding passes and carryon with my electronic stuff. Having to check in luggage and proceed through securituy and arrive at the departure gate on time might be a problem with this earlier departure time.

Peachy,

As I've flown out of Lisbon half dozen times, I don't believe you'll have a problem. It's a quick trip from the Cruise port and March 31st, being a Saturday, very little traffic.

My Crossing tickets arrived today! Yippeee Along with a super attractive cruise "tote", compliments of my super Travel Agent!

Now, for the packing!

Happy Feb. 14th:p

Pinkie

Yup, we have our tickets! Love those classy leather luggage tags...quite a step up from our plastic Princess ones!

Martita - yet another question for you, please! Do you know if the cabin walls on Seabourn ships are metal? :confused: We always use magnets to post pictures, our calendar, etc. Most ships do have metal walls but maybe not Seabourn? I don't know if I should bring my magnets!

Thanks again!

Dee

Dee,

That is a good question~~~I have never seen magnets in suites. I'm sure there will be places to use them, I've just never seen them. I tape my calendar/ship schedule to my vanity mirror for a quick reference to formal nights, parties, etc.

Martita

I'm afraid neither way Lorneross! The first option is no option and the second one would be far too cold! But don't worry, you will have your share of caviar no doubt! There will probably be a caviar party near the Sky bar one afternoon. And if you're really fond of caviar, you can order it whenever you want.

hi martha when we board when do cruise critics meet this is our first time on seabourn by the way martha why don't you bring an american flag and dress as martha washington the one who created the flag i hope i did not offend you by my joke from lorneross

lorenross,

As I am a West Texas Cowgirl I fly the Lone Star state's flag! ;) And yes, I always take a few with me~~~(fellow shipmates can vouch for me)

As to Cruise Critic meetings, I have never attended one. Guest's simply "meet and greet" at the Sky Bar. Many of us have sailed Seabourn together for years so it's akin to a family reunion.

Martita B.

my error betsy ross created the american flag that means sinse our last name is ross my mom can dress as betsy ross and martha can dress as martha washington george washington's wife and first lady of our country for the gala ball onboard if you are hosting one i have heard you have in the past crossings from lorneross

Martita - yet another question for you, please! Do you know if the cabin walls on Seabourn ships are metal? :confused: We always use magnets to post pictures, our calendar, etc. Most ships do have metal walls but maybe not Seabourn? I don't know if I should bring my magnets!

Thanks again!

Dee

Yes Dee the walls are metal. We had not given it a thought until we were given a magnet for our anniversary by friends onboard, we stood it on the table but our ever efficient stewardess "stuck" it to the wall.

Kathryn

Archived