Pride March 19th-31st TransA.-Crossing

Martita B.

Kathryn - thanks for that info! Magnets have become our preferred way of putting things up on the wall - no damage, no tape. I also bring those little suction cups with hooks. I attach them to the mirror and hang my necklaces on them. Two items I never cruise without!

To all of you experienced Seabourners - we are looking a nice long cruise - 56 days - on the Spirit next March. Would it be best if we waited to book until after we have taken our first Seabourn cruise? Might we be offered better, past passenger, rates?

Cheers!

Dee

Dee,

Glad to hear your magnets will indeed work!

I would wait and talk to the Cruise Consultant aboard the Pride, during the Crossing as to your cruise next year. You will get a better rate as a past passenger, also you will benefit from the 5% on board booking.

Cheers back!:p See 'ya soon!

Martita B.

Dee, we’re leaving on this year’s edition of that 56 day cruise in four weeks, it’s a grand sounding tour and the air connections make it an around the world vacation to boot.

The book onboard advice is right on but there isn’t a further past passenger discount offered on these Grand Voyages, this one after all is already 60% off. We did our booking onboard last March but the schedules were just being placed in the computer at the time so we did have a bit of difficulty in settling the details until we got back home. We ended up having to take a change of cabins to get the first two weeks fitted in but it’s just a move across the hall. I think the good price and good location of the aft A1 cabins made them sell pretty quick but the 5% discount is a nice bonus on a long cruise and worth thinking of.

We still smile when we think of two months of the Seabourn treatment!

Bill

I know some of the Pride Crosser's are staying at The Pier 66 Hotel on 17th St.~~~~

lorenross, please do not jump from thread to thread~~~~this is not recommended on Cruise Critic. And why not leave a few things to the "surprise element" concerning the March Crossing and Seabourn?

Martita B.

Floorboards are a-shakin' here, and it's not just shuddering in anticipation of the weekend storm. Really feels official now.

Question for Martita: In this thread, or somewhere nearby, you mentioned TWO formal nights for this 12-nite crossing. I thought it was going to be 3 (my preference;) ). Is that based on your previous experiences?

Also, I don't understand SB's lack - or long delay - in cabin assignments. Can anyone explain what GTY means on our tix in place of a numeric cabin assignment? Will we remain 'in the dark' until we board?

Whatever, we're in wheeeeee! mode now.... leave here three weeks from tomorrow.

As to our formal evenings, I think we'll enjoy 3~~~if not 4! I'm packing for 4~~~

As to our Suite assignments, sometimes these are not assigned until the week before sailing......and sometimes I've not known my Suite # until boarding. I requested a Suite 6 months ago and my tickets are still "GTY"~~~~all the Suites are luxurious and most comfortable,

so we need not worry.

Happy you have your "passage" in hand!:p

Martita B.

Also, I don't understand SB's lack - or long delay - in cabin assignments. Can anyone explain what GTY means on our tix in place of a numeric cabin assignment? Will we remain 'in the dark' until we board?

I just got my suite assignment (303) for my Mar 4th Legend cruise. I am one work week out. As a sidenote, I print in 28pt font my suite number than tape that over the GTY on Seabourn's luggage tags. :)

GTY mean guarantee

sorry about jumping from thread to thread martha i thought to get an answer to my questions i would need to keep them at the top of the board so everybody can see it i promise not to ever do that again i think i will sleep in the doghouse tonight sorry sorry sorry from lorneross p.s thank you seabourn-nail and martita B.

Also, your stewardess will prominently place on your bed during the turndown service such that you see it the first thing when you enter your suite, a colored placard stating to advance your clocks one hour right next to the next day's edition of the Seabourn Herald, room service breakfacst menu and, last but not least, your pillow sweets!

hi all if there are any jewish passangeres traveling i would like to know if we can get together on friday night for sabbath thank you from lorneross

See the Cruise Director early on in the cruise and he / she will make certain that your request is listed in the Friday Seabourn Herald.

Archived