Pride March 19th-31st TransA.-Crossing

Martita B.

Thank you very much for sharing this web site with us Bill!

Absolutely fantastic! Looks like the weather is fine at the moment. I will pack my bikini´s......... but also some warmer stuff.

But not until the 16th though.

First I will help out my two moving children with baby sitting again.

How can they plan to move house at the same time?

Two4Sea,

Thank you for your info and web sites. Very interesting!

Perhaps the weather in West Texas, the past 2 months has influenced my thinking~~~this has been the coldest, with the most ice/snow in recent history. "Oldtimer's" have said they cannot remember a winter quite like 2007! (even last night it was 24 degrees)

I'm looking forward to being on the Atlantic, to simply thaw out!!;)

Martita B.

We just returned from a 11 day carib cruise out of NYC(HAL)...usually the first & last full sea days are bone chilling & rather rough sailing past Cape Hateras..this past Tues the sea was like a lake & we were in the deck chairs in our shorts & linen sweaters til 2:00 pm - it was 59 degrees!!!

So its not your mind..its global warming & not enough cocktails probably...hugs to you sweetheart!

Mornin' Rotty,

Thanks for the reassurance~~my insecurity as to the cold TA Crossing weather is down right silly!:confused: It's very strange though

as I've never even considered warm or cool Crossing weather.

Ha ha~~I could profile myself as: "I'll be the one in the parka,

wearing the Eskimo snowboots, sitting on my stool up in the Sky Bar,

drinking a hot buttered rum!":cool:

Please come join us next March on the Pride Crossing!:p

Martita

Marja, if you have a use for world cruise weather sources I have another one. I think it is a hobby newsletter that a marine computer company donates a daily world snapshot to. Another person keeps an archive of these newsletters. For my Indian Ocean trip next month I looked up last year’s weather at 2 week intervals along the route. It didn’t go into to a lot of detail, the sample was oriented to weather even freighters would avoid but that was good enough for seeing areas that I want to stay out of too. Being within even 500 miles of a storm is not a smooth ride.

Here’s the link then you have to select the PDF file for a date, the weather picture is at the end of the file. The blue areas are 10 foot waves, large with foam crests and the grey arrows are Beaufort scale 6 wind which is 22-27 knots and causes rigging wires to whistle. What I saw for my route was mostly clear but there is a risk of a monsoon about once a month that would be lively to sail around the edges of.

Bill

"Scheepvaartnieuws" is obviously a Dutch web site! What a coincidence Bill!

I´ve looked at it briefly, but will certainly show the site to René my husband and my son Ramón. They will certainly love it.

I didn´t see the weather reports yet that you mentioned, but like I said, I will look into it later. Thanks again. Do we know each other Bill?

Marja

Lorne, the cabin TV gives the current weather conditions and ship’s position, speed etc about every 10 minutes. I think the noon report from the bridge mentions the upcoming forecasts.

Bill

hi martha i was thinking of planning to host a cruise critic party in our owner's suite number 4 on the third sea day please let me know what you think i saw that they are doing one on the legend since our suite will only hold 8 at a time i thought it would be better as an open house between 1 p.m and 3 p.m p.s my real name is lorne ross

martha that is intresting when we were on silversea and raddison trivia was at tea time. 2:30 to 3:30 is fine since you are a seabourn vet will you help me out with the logistics for our cruise critic party? p.s is there a cruise critic trivia team?

All you really need to do is visit with the Maitre'D as to what you plan on serving. You will probably meet the CCer's at the Sky Bar

during Sail Away celebration/party.

I've never heard of a Cruise Critic Trivia team, but then I don't play Trivia~~~a Trivia player can answer this question.

Martita B.

Martita: Interesting, your 'weather premonition' as I'd been thinking it couldn't hurt to pack one 'just-in-case' turtleneck (much as I'm looking forward to breaking out of t'necks and sweaters and heavy socks and mufflers and fleece and layers!!). It's 15 and windy here today - sorry to hear your TX winter has been such a severe one.

lorneross,

It might be easier to "verbally" invite the CCer's rather than send out invitations. Adding it to the daily Seabourn Herald would not be advised as the publication is for all Guests aboard the Pride.

Matt, Lisboa is always chilly the end of March~~and always raining!

MB

lorneross,

It might be easier to "verbally" invite the CCer's rather than send out invitations. Adding it to the daily Seabourn Herald would not be advised as the publication is for all Guests aboard the Pride.

Matt, Lisboa is always chilly the end of March~~and always raining!

MB

If you DO want to send a personal invitation to each CC member suites (if you know what the suite # is) Seabourn will be more than pleased to print them for you, and deliver to each suite on your behalf!

Host Dan

Archived