QV card room--anyone know if there are any Euro games?

Call me KK

We are flying from the US into Rome in Oct, hoping against hope that there are "good" games in the card room and we won't have to pack any. Does anyone know, and if not, but planning to cruise soon, would it be too much trouble to pop in and take a snap or two of the games library? Thanks in advance!

Kim

Blue Marble is correct, that's exactly what I want to know! And thanks Host Hattie for checking.

Sadly, the photo doesn't show any Euro games. For the uninitiated, Euro are NOT your father's board games. The explosion in popularity started (best I can tell) in Germany & spread like wildfire. As addictive (& nearly as expensive) as drugs, but totally legal!!

Wikipedia to the rescue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurogame

I have to admit the term "Eurogame" was new to me although I realize now after reading this article that some of the games themselves are certainly not new to me. I was intrigued to read that the 3M bookshelf games from the 1960's are considered early examples. I recall a lot of enjoyment playing many of those 3M bookshelf games when I was growing up in the 60's. Thanks, Call me KK, for the walk down memory lane. Little did I know at the time those games would become trendy and part of an entire genre of games known as "Eurogames".

We are flying from the US into Rome in Oct, hoping against hope that there are "good" games in the card room and we won't have to pack any. Does anyone know, and if not, but planning to cruise soon, would it be too much trouble to pop in and take a snap or two of the games library? Thanks in advance!

Kim

hi.. unfortunately the "card Room" is used exclusively by the bridge players and hell come if anyone else tries to do anything else in there. Ive always thought it would be fun to gather a group to go in and play "fish" or maybe "snap!" but I don't think the consequences would be worth it...still...it would be fun....

Hope I didn't upset people but I played Rummikub in the card room many times, even when bridge lessons were going on (we did speak with the instructor and they were fine) There were others playing Scrabble and Rummikub as well as other card games.