Problems with booking on Web

luciabox

Since yesterday trying to manage my booking on the web, and contains the following message: Could not load booking

Anyone else happens? Is there a problem with my reservation?

We made full payment over a month ago through our TA

O's website is so frustrating. I have to log on and then go get a cup of coffee before I can see anything. I have just given up more times than I can say. Makes me wonder how many people give up and never come back. O, Do Something about it!!!

------------------

Helen

O's website is so frustrating. I have to log on and then go get a cup of coffee before I can see anything. I have just given up more times than I can say. Makes me wonder how many people give up and never come back. O, Do Something about it!!!

------------------

Helen

That sounds like a problem with the speed of the processor on your computer, or the speed of your internet link.

The Oceania site, does have a number of amazing graphics which might cause it to load slowly on some computers, but when you pay for web design, you want web DESIGN. :D

It was fine this morning, now it is not, so I don't think it is my computer:(

I'm not saying that the site always runs as well as it should, there are definitely problems when they are loading content, but unless we want to deal with old information on the site, I can't see a way around that when the site needs to be up and running 24x7. Sometimes the answer IS "try again in ten minutes".

That said, the particular issue that Ms Understood described (slow loading pages) sounded like a processor issue to me. It could even be her graphics card ;)

...That said, the particular issue that Ms Understood described (slow loading pages) sounded like a processor issue to me. It could even be her graphics card ;)

Or, just that all the computer nodes between here and there were busy, and her request bounced from computer to computer around the world 3 or 4 times before finally finding a route to Oceania's computer, and the same delay took place on the way back to her computer, this time with a load of data, which is broken up into packets and comes as several transmissions.

When trying to book a cabin I find myself in a loop asking if I need airfare. I can't get pass this to cabin availability what am I doing wrong?

OTOH, I can access my current booking although it is somewhat time consuming.

That seems to be a built in "dodge" that comes up when they are doing maintenance and/or the traffic has overwhelmed their server.

bypass-proxy-settings-800x800.jpg

Once you have gone around that circle once, I find it easiest to close down my computer and try again after I reboot (I'm not going to try to guide you through managing your cookies here).

cookie-ch.jpg

When trying to book a cabin I find myself in a loop asking if I need airfare. I can't get pass this to cabin availability what am I doing wrong?

OTOH, I can access my current booking although it is somewhat time consuming.

OCMurphy, when that's happened to me, I've logged in and then it let's me look for a specific cabin. Were you logged into O's website?

Since I really dont understand much of this stuff I would have readily agreed that the problem was/is my computer but it also happens when I am using my work computer, my lap top and my home computer and only on the Oceania website. Can it still be me?

-----------------

Helen

Since I really dont understand much of this stuff I would have readily agreed that the problem was/is my computer but it also happens when I am using my work computer, my lap top and my home computer and only on the Oceania website. Can it still be me?

-----------------

Helen

I'm sure that it is not entirely you, Helen, but if you are using the same Search Engine on all three computers, and you manage (or worse, don't manage) your cookies on any of them, then you could certainly be a contributor.

I believe that it was Einstein who said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results....

If the traffic volumes they get are actually capable of overwhelming their server then they need a new server.

To force people to jump through the hoops being suggested seems to me to be a bit silly. The user shouldn't have to go to great lengths to manage cookies to use a site, the cookies are supposed to make it easier to use not more difficult.

Any site that puts you into an endless loop of "do you want airfare", won't "remember you" when you log into your account (that one has existed for what 5-6 years?) and fails to load bookings is just bad web design.

Part of design is to ensure the site loads quickly, there are an almost infinite number of tools to allow developers to do this and test it across multiple platforms.

Can we not just call a spade a spade? It gives the appearance of having been band aided together and poorly tested. The site design is poor, the coding has errors in it and and it's not a priority for O.

I shall climb back down off my soapbox now and return you to your regularly scheduled program.;)

That seems to be a built in "dodge" that comes up when they are doing maintenance and/or the traffic has overwhelmed their server.

Once you have gone around that circle once, I find it easiest to close down my computer and try again after I reboot (I'm not going to try to guide you through managing your cookies here).

That sounds like a problem with the speed of the processor on your computer, or the speed of your internet link.

The Oceania site, does have a number of amazing graphics which might cause it to load slowly on some computers, but when you pay for web design, you want web DESIGN. :D

This is so NOT true. The Oceania website is consistently among the slowest, most poorly maintained commercial websites I've ever visited. Their cruises are great, but they desperately need to do something about the website.

It was fine this morning, now it is not, so I don't think it is my computer:(

If it were not just the Oceania website (which has never caused me any problems, by the way), it could very well be your internet and or phone/provider, if you have DSL.

I recently had very slow loading pages intermittently (not on Oceania, just in general) and so I did a speed test (several different ones are easily found online), found my speed was slower than it should be, checked to ensure the phone problem was not in the wiring inside the house (by hooking up an old Trimline phone directly to the junction box at the side of the house) and when I was certain it was the phone company's fault (either line noise there or no dial tone, for example), I called the phone company that provides my DSL; they checked the line remotely and agreed there was were some problems on the line and then they sent out several folks to fix it.

It's at least something you could check. It could be an "intermittent sync" problem, which is especially annoying, since it comes and goes, and could appear just at the time when you are visiting a particular website, even though it has nothing to do with the website.

Once you have gone into "Make Specialty Dining Room Reservations" and viewed the menus and made your allocated number of reservations, you can not go back and view the menus again. Now why would that be?

Menus can be viewed at all times, whether or not you have a booking in the Fine Dining section on the 'Explore ships' tab. They load as pdf formatted documents you can save or print for any time you want temptation.

Menus can be viewed at all times, whether or not you have a booking in the Fine Dining section on the 'Explore ships' tab. They load as pdf formatted documents you can save or print for any time you want temptation.

Thank you, thank you YoHoHo! I never knew you could do that, (and I'll bet a lot of other folks don't know either). You've made my day!

Kind regards,

Mickie

Archived