Insurance

I use Australia Post travel insurance regularly for most of our overseas trips as they use the same underwriter as RACV and rate well with Canstar.

Are they any good? You only find out when you do a claim touch wood I haven’t needed to do that yet.

You can purchase over the counter but the website offers a cruise option which you need when doing a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Australia Post travel insurance regularly for most of our overseas trips as they use the same underwriter as RACV and rate well with Canstar.

Are they any good? You only find out when you do a claim touch wood I haven’t needed to do that yet.

You can purchase over the counter but the website offers a cruise option which you need when doing a cruise.

So true, about not knowing if they are any good until you have to make a claim.

I used 1Cover for my first overseas trip to Thailand. I had to claim hospital and ambulance after getting sick and ending up in hospital for three days. They were fantastic and easy to deal with, and I only had to pay my $100 excess.

I have used them ever since and have them for my upcoming South Pacific cruise...hopefully I don’t need them :)

Overheard one couple chatting in the theatre on one trip who never bothered about insurance. However for the trip we were on they arranged it and hubby fell over and broke his wrist resulting in a claim you can bet your boots they won’t travel without it again.

I've used this mob and like the fact they do cruise specific insurance and cover most pre-existing conditions without too much fuss.

Don't rely on online quote.

Do call them to discuss.

That's whom I use