Escape - Best place for cocktail hour for 14 people?

welove2cruise*

Would like somewhere with a view (but not windy) that we can set up a group table/seating area for pre-dinner get together.

Any tips on what might be a good place?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, the Waterfront on deck 8 area comes to mind, lots of nice couches and chairs. Near the outside bars here you'll find high top tables with covered roof. The Five O'Clock Somewhere Bar is very popular. These outside areas are somewhat protected from wind and sun, but depending on time of day, ship direction and wind speed, it may or may not be pleasant. And of course it is on a first come basis. Depending on the time of day I don't know how easy it would be to snag a shady spot for 14. Could be difficult any time of day.

On the Escape you will probably want to do this in The District Brewhouse. It's indoors, but glass ceiling and walls overlooking the ocean. There are comfortable couches and things, and it's usually not busy in the early evening hours. You can pull chairs around as needed.

the-district-brew-house--v10600677-cc-720.jpg

On the Escape you will probably want to do this in The District Brewhouse. It's indoors, but glass ceiling and walls overlooking the ocean. There are comfortable couches and things, and it's usually not busy in the early evening hours. You can pull chairs around as needed.

the-district-brew-house--v10600677-cc-720.jpg

Yup.

Not sure you would get 14 anywhere close to each other. Usually a crowd there (not the vast empty room in the picture).

I suppose it depends on what OP considers cocktail time. When we were on, it stayed relatively quiet in the Brew House until the entertainment arrived.

7355b36338570cde955d03b1c818683b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose it depends on what OP considers cocktail time. When we were on, it stayed relatively quiet in the Brew House until the entertainment arrived.

7355b36338570cde955d03b1c818683b.jpg

Exactly. That's why I suggested it. On both of our cruises, it was completely dead until entertainment started, and I'd consider the early evening to be pre-dinner drink time.