Are Posh and the quiet zone too windy in the med?

Bra_BE2014

Hello,

I was trying to figure out if Posh was worth over the quiet zone for my upcoming Epic trip in June. But then I got afraid maybe neither would be okay as the med can be windy outside of high summer.

Are this areas protected from the wind? What was your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Priscila

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on the Epic in the Med end of May/beginning of June plus end of August, and don't remember any experience with much wind on the regular sun deck or at Posh sun deck. The Posh sun deck on the Epic is protected with several glass walls, and I believe that would "protect" you as well. I have to mention though, that I have done several Med cruises over the years (on various ships) in the months of May, Jun, July, August and September, and have never had any problems with too much wind on any of the sun decks - even when there were occasionally more windy for a day or two. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

I have been on the Epic in the Med end of May/beginning of June plus end of August, and don't remember any experience with much wind on the regular sun deck or at Posh sun deck. The Posh sun deck on the Epic is protected with several glass walls, and I believe that would "protect" you as well. I have to mention though, that I have done several Med cruises over the years (on various ships) in the months of May, Jun, July, August and September, and have never had any problems with too much wind on any of the sun decks - even when there were occasionally more windy for a day or two. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :)

Thank you! I feel much better now. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My experience with the Epic on the Med was in mid November so obviously different. We had daytime temperatures in the mid 60F and nights in the mid 40F. Most days we had very nice weather, but the itinerary did not allow for many daytime hours on the ship. Posh was used very little as it was a bit cool and windy most afternoons and evenings. A few times I had to run up to the Posh bar before the Haven lounge would open, nobody would be there. We actually went back to Spice more often even though it was crowded and noisy, as it was less windy there. If anyone bought Posh passes I don't think they got much use out of them. I would think June would be a much better time for both these places weather wise. I haven't seem much information about Posh selling out in the Summer so waiting to purchase a pass until you are on the ship to be sure about the weather could be a gamble.

My experience with the Epic on the Med was in mid November so obviously different. We had daytime temperatures in the mid 60F and nights in the mid 40F. Most days we had very nice weather, but the itinerary did not allow for many daytime hours on the ship. Posh was used very little as it was a bit cool and windy most afternoons and evenings. A few times I had to run up to the Posh bar before the Haven lounge would open, nobody would be there. We actually went back to Spice more often even though it was crowded and noisy, as it was less windy there. If anyone bought Posh passes I don't think they got much use out of them. I would think June would be a much better time for both these places weather wise. I haven't seem much information about Posh selling out in the Summer so waiting to purchase a pass until you are on the ship to be sure about the weather could be a gamble.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums