Massages in Eastern Caribbean ports?

AurorFlame

I've been reading on older threads about people getting massages in different ports instead of at the spa on the ship and I'm curious where you do this? I haven't seen that option on the Carnival website, so are they through local vendors? The ports we're going to are:

Amber Cove

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

Does anyone have experience with massage on any beaches in these ports? If not, do you recommend the spa on the ships? (Carnival Magic, in particular.) Thanks in advance!

It's usually done at beach resorts in different ports - just google where you'll be and look for massage. You can also check the Cruise Critic forums for each of those ports - they'll more than likely know where you can go.

Thank you!

Although I am not a fan of the Steiner's high-sales pressure shipboard spa treatments, I would also offer a word of caution regarding Port massages. While you are in the treatment room, it is possible for dishonest staff to use the master locker key to gain access to your purse, ID, credit cards etc. My card was used to purchase $5000 in plane tickets on the afternoon of my treatment. This can be remedied by leaving valuables with a spouse or friend until you are ready to check out.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although I am not a fan of the Steiner's high-sales pressure shipboard spa treatments, I would also offer a word of caution regarding Port massages. While you are in the treatment room, it is possible for dishonest staff to use the master locker key to gain access to your purse, ID, credit cards etc. My card was used to purchase $5000 in plane tickets on the afternoon of my treatment. This can be remedied by leaving valuables with a spouse or friend until you are ready to check out.

Hope that helps!

Wow, this is awful! Thank you for sharing though! I think we'll probably just stay onboard. I wonder if it's best to book online and save 20% or get the discounts onboard.

If you think you would enjoy the combo packages typically discounted, then I might wait.

I am confused by cb at seas' assertion that the only profits come from product sales - the treatment prices are outrageous in comparison to land-based services and the 18% gratuity is automatically added. Steiners is in no danger of going broke - I have had several therapists say they will not resign their contract because they are so uncomfortable pressuring the clients.