Celebrity Edge room advice.

nielgirl

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to cruising and have a 24hr courtesy hold on Edge Infinite Veranda room #9302 near the rear of the Celebrity Edge on the Magic Carpet side. This is for an 11 day Mediterranean cruise in August 2019.

I was also considering Edge Infinite Veranda room #9137 on the opposite side closer to the front of the ship.

Before I commit today to #9302 does anyone have any comments/feedback on this choice of room or the option of #9137. I think #9302 is far enough away from the Magic Carpet not to impact our trip with excess noise and I'm told that the back of the ship has less foot traffic.

I was also pondering the Sunset Veranda rooms on the aft with the traditional balcony & doors, but thought the novelty of the Infinite Veranda couldn't be passed on this time around.

If anyone has any other advice on room choices (I know this ship is brand new with limited information available), please add your comments.

Also, I notice across the board that rooms on higher decks (on most ships) generally command a higher price. Is it the general notion that the higher rooms are more attractive to customers for some reason and if so could I ask why?

Thank you from a cruise newb.

The choice near the front puts you closer to stairs and elevators for easy access to gym/spa. It appears, however, to be across from an un-named space - guessing a prep/storage room for room stewards. Your choice near the back of the ship is quite a hike from any stair or elevator access. My preference would be toward the front. Guest cabins have always been very well sound-proofed, so guests walking by in either case should not be significant. Celebrity tends to attract a less rowdy crowd than other cruise lines.

Yes, higher decks command higher prices - silly in my mind since ship movement is magnified as you move to higher decks.

I think it might depend on how much walking you want to do. I doubt that the Magic Carpet noise would bother that far away and it sounds like it won't reposition too many times/day.

Speaking of the Sunset Veranda aft cabins, just letting you know (in case you hadn't seen the specs), that the Infinite Verandas are 202 sf with 42 sf verandas while the Sunset Verandas are 228 sf with an 89 sf veranda.

In the Med, that is where we would be, with a bigger cabin, larger balcony and views of both sides (and a bit cheaper), but I know the Infinite Verandas are tempting to try... :D

Thank you both for your quick replies.

Regarding the aft Sunset Vernanda Rooms; does anyone have any photos, renderings or videos of them?

The only one I have seen:

72-7.jpg

Not sure if the cabins are longer, wider or both, giving 26 more sf than regular cabins - the SV verandas look longer on the deck plans, but it remains to be seen if the SV cabins, hence the verandas, are a bit wider. I hope to see one on my Nov 21 cabin crawl (where our Cruise Critic Roll Call shows their cabins to others on the Roll Call). We have a couple of Infinite Verandas included in the cabin crawl. I will bring my tape measure. ;)

The only one I have seen:

72-7.jpg

Not sure if the cabins are longer, wider or both, giving 26 more sf than regular cabins - the SV verandas look longer on the deck plans, but it remains to be seen if the SV cabins, hence the verandas, are a bit wider. I hope to see one on my Nov 21 cabin crawl (where our Cruise Critic Roll Call shows their cabins to others on the Roll Call). We have a couple of Infinite Verandas included in the cabin crawl. I will bring my tape measure. ;)

Great thanks for the info.

Sunset Verandas 12265 & 12264 are both still available. I thought these would be good but our travel agent thinks they will be noisy recommended we go with one on the 11th deck one below.

Any thoughts on the noise factor.....?

Great thanks for the info.

Sunset Verandas 12265 & 12264 are both still available. I thought these would be good but our travel agent thinks they will be noisy recommended we go with one on the 11th deck one below.

Any thoughts on the noise factor.....?

I agree with your TA. The deck above may have chairs scraping which may cause noise in the cabins below. I booked 11th deck for my aft S1 in case they have the same issue often complained about on the Solstice ships. 😊

I vote for 11 as well. In addition to chair scraping, the smoking area at the Sunset Bar (if allowed) could be an issue. May not be a concern for you - would be for me. But I do love aft cabins. The extended balconies are nice!

I agree with your TA. The deck above may have chairs scraping which may cause noise in the cabins below. I booked 11th deck for my aft S1 in case they have the same issue often complained about on the Solstice ships. 😊

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Decks appear to be notorious for chair noise.

I wasn't sure what was at the very back of the ship.

I vote for 11 as well. In addition to chair scraping, the smoking area at the Sunset Bar (if allowed) could be an issue. May not be a concern for you - would be for me. But I do love aft cabins. The extended balconies are nice!

Great thanks.....ya my husband & I are not smokers so the travelling smoke would be a downer.

• 3 weeks later...

I've booked an aft cabin for the 12/9/18 cruise though we'll be on deck 8. I was worried about the noise level from below since the deck plan for deck 6 hasn't been revealed. We've stayed in aft cabins twice before and I really enjoyed them along with the much larger balcony. Our friends will be staying in one of the infinite balcony cabins on deck 8 as well. So, I'm hoping we'll get to share in each other's experience! Good luck and enjoy.

We also booked a sunset veranda after reading the thread here, and thought they sound pretty great! We were booked in an infinite veranda, and the sunset veranda was $200.00 less! So thought we might as well..this is for a med cruise that we are on, so hoping the views are good! We booked on deck 10 so also hoping that is a good choice for the deck? :cool::cool:

• 1 month later...
I've booked an aft cabin for the 12/9/18 cruise though we'll be on deck 8. I was worried about the noise level from below since the deck plan for deck 6 hasn't been revealed. We've stayed in aft cabins twice before and I really enjoyed them along with the much larger balcony. Our friends will be staying in one of the infinite balcony cabins on deck 8 as well. So, I'm hoping we'll get to share in each other's experience! Good luck and enjoy.

Deck 7 - directly below Deck 8 - is all cabins. And Deck 6 - two decks down - is all cabins except for the top portion of Eden at the very aft of the ship. But there is a deck in between that and Deck 8...so not sure what noise would carry through an entire deck of cabins... Maybe I haven't understood your concern?