Prinsendam SY036 vs SS058

Host Jazzbeau

Considering a 20 day cruise to Iceland and Greenald and debating between two Signature Suites (SY036 and SS058). Would prefer 058 as it is located toward the aft, but worry about noise from Lido Restaurant above. Appreciate feedback from anyone with knowledge of these cabins or this deck in general. Thanks!

Considering a 20 day cruise to Iceland and Greenald and debating between two Signature Suites (SY036 and SS058). Would prefer 058 as it is located toward the aft, but worry about noise from Lido Restaurant above. Appreciate feedback from anyone with knowledge of these cabins or this deck in general. Thanks!

Signature Suites on this ship are very nice. Different from the other ships and I am sure you will enjoy yours.:D

You are wise to look at the deck plans. 036 is mostly underneath S 018, so noise overhead would be minimal. That would be my first choice of the two for a cabin.

While 058 is underneath the Lido Restaurant, it's not underneath the pool area where the chairs are taken up each night and put down in the morning. (This is the key area to avoid IMO if you can.) I don't think there would be serious noise issues there. One of our roll call members had 062 which is just a couple of doors down and in the middle of the Lido Restaurant on that side. They didn't report troublesome noise issues and hopefully, they see your thread to confirm yea or nay.

Prinsendam is not a large ship. It doesn't take long to get from one end to the other and forward cabins are not affected by motion like many other ships.

Whichever cabin you select, I hope you enjoy it and the Prinsendam. :D

My traveling companion and I booked SS 057 on Prinsendam. I, too, was concerned about noise from above. Given the stateroom's location in relation to the Lido Restaurant above, after studying the deck plan, I decided that there probably would be little to no noise. And, I was right. We loved the suite and its location and its lavatory/commode annex adjacent to the large main bathroom. The only thing really "weird" is the large mirror on the wall next to the bathtub. One can watch one taking a bath/shower. Very ample storage space!

We have been to SY 36 this year and loved the location because it was very quiet, the cabin was in excellent condition - very spacious , a lovely and large balcony with no lifeboats below and easy access to Guest Relations, library, Explorations Café and the Showroom at Sea.

Of course, the Prinsendam is a small ship and we had to walk only a little bit down the corridor to have access to the Lido above, but we noticed that the cabins towards the aft on deck 10 were a bit noisier because of the vibrations from the engines and there was more movement in high seas the more we moved towards the back elevators.